cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ripped off

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with o2 for over 15 years, my phone broke in the last few days so the first place I came was o2 shop. I saw a Samsung Galaxy S5 mini for £239.99, £90 off, bargain!!! Out of stock but can deliver in 3 days, fair enough, 3 hrs after order get a txt to say not 3 days, don't know when they can deliver, up to two weeks???? Ask to cancel and get refund, 14 days to refund, went out of stock as I ordered? Still advertising 3 days customer service appalling, no phone, no money, no chance. Selling products they don't have and services they can't deliver, hello EE

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Sadly this is happening a lot. People have been known to order these phones...and wait and wait. The order that was showing as in stock at the time of purchase is not. It is happening to qute a few customers slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have heard of others whose phone went out of stock after ordering , normally online through O2 shop etc though and not from a store. Is their any other O2 shops local that you could check stock with and arrange to collect the phone from them if they allow this.

Another option would be to buy through CPW if they have them instock, and if their price met with your approval. Their phones are typically unlocked too.
Message 3 of 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Just to add this issue has been raised frequently with complaints to O2. it's as if the website is incapable of showing the correct stock levels.

Annoying though when you still see the same order being displayed 3 days later..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
  • Local shop is 500metres away checked if they had stock b4 ordering, if they had of been honest and said 14 days I would of used store locator and found the nearest shop in stock, don't believe it just went out of stock, there building orders before they buy from suppliers, so they don't have surplus
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a thought about local stores.

I hope you obtain one of these Asap.
Message 6 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
  • don't believe it just went out of stock, there building orders before they buy from suppliers, so they don't have surplus

You may be correct with that assumption. There are too many similar stories on here recently. They certainly are not holding the stock that is shown slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spent 2hrs on chat trying to explain that I need a phone asap, and if they couldn't sort a phone I needed a refund so I could get one some where else, refund is 14 days so might as well wait for phone? Can't afford to pay another £240 in the mean time? Thought they might offer a little discount or airtime, no way!!!! Contacted trading standards but don't expect much, will be getting an sim with someone else I think

Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you have bought your phone from o2 it will almost certainly be locked to o2.

You will need to put an o2 sim in to it and make a few calls to latch the sim to the imei then you can unlock.

If your o2 sim is payg then you will need £15 credit.

If your sim is a contract sim it is free.
Message 9 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

They haven't received the phone yet Nick?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 29