cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ending contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i gave a months notice to end my contract a month early. It expired in September 14. I gave notice in july because on my o2 page i was told i could end my contract in August, one month early than it should be.          Because i am partially sighted i do not check these things often and have to rely on friends to do things like this email for me.

I had my o2 account checked and was horrified to find that i had been charged to May 2015. How. How can this happen? Is it legal?  I only expected to pay up to september 14 at the most. Please can someone help me?

The amount of cost charged over £160  .....:aghast_smiley; so shocked more than one weeks pension taken from my bank account.  From a nearlly blind pensioner with no savings .

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

How did you end your mobile phone contract ?

If by phone call there could be a recorded call which will back up your situation.

Help thread -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

As indicated contact Customer Services by telephone first then if they can't help follow this up via -> http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain again as indicated by adriannadavey

I hope all goes well for you.
Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
We are all customers here.
You should contact CS via phone on 202 and explain that you gave month's notice and ask why you're being charged. Only CS can and hopefully will sort it out for you. Can you ask your friends to check your MyO2 and see the bill in detail.
If O2 won't budge, I'd put a complaint.
I really hope o2 will realise their mistake and refund you. Maybe other members will be more helpful.
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

How did you end your mobile phone contract ?

If by phone call there could be a recorded call which will back up your situation.

Help thread -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

As indicated contact Customer Services by telephone first then if they can't help follow this up via -> http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain again as indicated by adriannadavey

I hope all goes well for you.
Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

What a really upsetting business for you. I really cant understand how, if you ended your contract, they could possibly have charged you up to May 2015.

Unfortunately as customers we have no access to any of your account details but you really need to get this money refunded as soon as possible if a mistake has been made.

Due to your circumstances and the need to get this resolved asap then you must ring O2 Customer services on 202. I would have a friend handy to give you support with checking anything CS  may ask you to look at.

The very best of luck with this. Hope it gets sorted soon slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It sounds very much like you have renewed your contract for 12 months which can easily happen with chat. Being outsourced and with the lack of basic English, we alwys suggest calling directly on 202 for account related issues.

Did you keep a transcript of the original chat, if so there shouldn't be a problem and you need to ask for the monthly fees to be refunded especially as they will be able to see the account hasn't been used.

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie
Would O2 have copies of the chat on the OP notes on accounts maybe?

Message 6 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@jonsie
Would O2 have copies of the chat on the OP notes on accounts maybe?

Without a doubt.

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous please give customer service a call. Also, feel free to send me a message and we can have a chat. 

Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous please give customer service a call. Also, feel free to send me a message and we can have a chat. 

Thanks for that @Anonymous  I think with littletinks circumstances she will need some help from the team...:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm here to help @Cleoriff slight_smile

Message 10 of 18