cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens late bill 3 months

Anonymous
Not applicable

my bill is £3000 (long story) i can pay it in 3 months... maybe. but I might need 4. what's going to happen does anyone know? when will they cut my phone. I know it wll get cut for sure....... 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
O2 usually impose a limit on accounts in this kind of scenario - We don't have the full details of this story so it's impossible to speculate how this happened but more often we see people complaining that they have been cut off until they pay a bill that has gone over a certain amount (more than their usual bill).....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed, it depends on the circumstances behind it. I was thinking more of a notification rather than a cut off. A kind of alert system that triggers upon unusual activity.
Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I'd be happier with both options (if phone was stolen, sending a text to it wouldn't help)....
Maybe the option to set our own limits would be the best compromise....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that would work. It's all about giving control back to the customer. Even them choosing how to be notified. Email, SMS, phone call to a secondary number on the account Etc.
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I agree, it would be great to set your own limits, possibly via My O2. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also agree. TescoMobile offer a service called capped contracts where your monthly spend is limited. Perhaps o2 could do same?
Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
It's a bit of a double edge sword - I'd want my kids to be able to contact someone in an emergency so by capping their contracts would be counter productive (if they'd reached their cap).
I prefer to educate them and hope it's a valuable lesson learnt in self control and managing their allowances (same principles apply to money and other things in life).
However, I am sure there are other things that can be done and controlled by the customer, such as turning on/off roaming from your PC for example, controlling a bill limit remotely (and vary it monthly), block your own SIM/Phone if lost or stolen without having to contact CS etc....

Currently using:
Message 17 of 17