Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning ...Check your My O2!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

This has been mentioned in another thread but deserves a section of its own I think. @MI5 and myself have noticed a changed to Contact Preferences. Initially I had opted out of Marketing info....today we noticed there is a new layout for the page and suddenly mine have been turned on...Advise everyone to check. Mine looks like this...(or did as I have now turned off everything except Priority) @Toby is currently checking when these changes took place..

Preferences o2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 189
188 REPLIES 188

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Just to check I am not going to the wrong place...

log into my o2 (web), click on my account (number/device), hover over "more" drop down, then click my contact preferences.

that is where I get the error screen.

is that how you get to yours?

Pretty much though I log onto O2 forum first ....and then access MyO2 from the top of forum page. I have to log on again to My O2...but the rest is the same...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 91 of 189

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12126 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
laptop running win 7 pro and on chrome.
just checked my mobile (android, obvs and chrome) and that shows the same.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 92 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Just a query...now you are actually on the O2 forum posting...have you checked by accessing My O2 from the top of the forum page.....or is this how you do it anyway? (I ask because some people go directly to My O2 via the web without logging onto forum first...)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 93 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Just to add I have Chrome on my PC so have just tried it via that route...and my Contact Preferences are displayed with no issue whatsover. I think you may need to call CS as suggested by @MI5 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 94 of 189

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
It's a general MyO2 error - it won't matter where or how you log in, it won't work.
CS need to reset it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 95 of 189

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Anyone know why, after more than 24 hours of this thread being posted, we are still waiting for a response from O2 with an explanation of what happened, how it happened, and why it happened?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 96 of 189

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Probably because the culprit is outsourced, they can't just walk into their office and kick their bottom.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 97 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

This is the real joke on the preferences page:

What's the best way to contact you?

Pick as many as you like. We don’t call or send post very often, so you might miss out if you only choose these options.

I have just read back through this whole thread and have to add its important everyone take note of @Bambino's comment above. We need to check the whole page of contact preferences ..as I have just realised the section he mentioned was ticked as default in my preferences ie

preferences.PNG

Not sure if everyone has the same but it is worth a look...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 98 of 189

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

This is the real joke on the preferences page:

What's the best way to contact you?

Pick as many as you like. We don’t call or send post very often, so you might miss out if you only choose these options.

I have just read back through this whole thread and have to add its important everyone take note of @Bambino's comment above. We need to check the whole page of contact preferences ..as I have just realised the section he mentioned was ticked as default in my preferences ie

preferences.PNG

Not sure if everyone has the same but it is worth a look...?

Yes it's the same for me.

Message 99 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Well @jonsie I have now deselected certain ones as a test to see what happens Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 100 of 189