Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone Unlocking Problem

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Has anyone had any problems with unlocking their Vodafone locked iPhone?

I have been helping my friend for over 2 weeks and still no joy.

Today alone we were on hold 3 times for over 35 minutes and the advisor was not helpful.

Apparently it takes up 48 hours from when the online unlocking form is completed for you to receive an email with the unlocking code, or up to 10 days if they need to contact Apple.

It costs £19.99 and she has £20.00 credit.

The online unlock request form has been completed 3 times by her and once by an advisor.

Every time we call we are told different things - one advisor says they have her unlock request and will process it, one says they haven't got their request, one says they can't check the status and to email a different department.  Today we went in store and they didn't help either.

I have realised that they are an extremely difficult service to contact.  They have one main number and it takes at least half an hour to get through to them.  Their chat service is offline a lot. 

Has anyone got any ideas on what she should do as she is hitting a brick wall with everything she tries.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it was worth suggesting to pop back to the Vodaphone Shop. slight_smile
Message 14 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may be better off also creating a post on the Vodaphone eforum Gemma.

Tell tour friend to follow their complaint / contact process.
Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145002 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thanks BOB.

I told her that website for the CEO contact details and she emailed them but still no response 😞

I had a quick browse on the Vodafone forum but the posts I found were people saying they waited no more than 5 days maximum.....

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you create a post you may get some replies and tips and advice.
Message 5 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You don't actually receive a code. Has your friend tried another network simcard and hooked it up to itunes?

Message 6 of 17

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Yes she has tried that.

After a 2 hour chat with vodafone yesterday (including a manager) as are still no further. I cannot believe how terrible their customer service is. They pass you from one department to another and nobody is helpful.

I asked to complain and they first said it has to be done on live chat and on live chat they said there is no complaint department and they handle complaints internally in any team. Basically they're making excuses.

My friends O2 contract ends this month and she wants to use the iPhone on her new contact and she wont be able to if it's not unlocked.

Very annoying.......
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds very confusing to what should be a simple unlock 😞

Maybe popping into a vodaphone shop to ask them how to progress might help ?

Message 8 of 17

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
We tried the store yesterday - they are just as useless
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like an uphill struggle through their complaint processes and unlocking department. 😞
Message 10 of 17