Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very confused by Volt deal

pippurple
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just switched to Virgin Volt (Virgin's idea) and now have an O2 SIM. There is nothing I can do with this SIM as the deal is so bad. I was promised 6gb, but I only seem to have 3gb for £6 a month.

With ID mobile my kids get 20mb for £8 so they don't want to swap so it's totally useless.

I also have a better deal with GiffGaff.

This is a very strange offer. Disappointed. Now I just have a random SIM I pay monthly for!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@pippurple 

The data will be doubled to 6GB after 14 days, as that is part of the Volt Package, which gives you a discount on your Virgin Services

Not sure what you want  anyone to do, as if you want to get rid of it and you are outside of the 14days then you have to pay off the contract and Virgin will recalculate your contract.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

pippurple
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am within the 14 days. I am overall happy with the cost of the Virgin package but I cant understand why O2 are not at all competitive with ID Mobile or GifGaff - we get huge data allowance for around the same cost. O2 are £15 for 20gb v £8 with ID Mobile - that is quite a dfference!

Message 3 of 8

pippurple
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Especially as right now before the doubling deal it is 3mb for £6??

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@pippurple 

ID mobile and giffgaff are virtual network operators which means they just buy space from one of the main networks. 

They are always cheaper because their overheads are much lower.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6744 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Cancel the SIM and take out an O2 deal on the likes of USwitch. You will still be entitled to Volt.

This one would be doubled to 30Mb

Screenshot_20230712_205048_Chrome.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 8

pippurple
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good idea - if that's doesn't effect the Volt deal - I really don't know how the 2 link up. If I cancel this SIM (even to change to another O2 deal) will alarm bells go off with Virgin on the Volt deal? A mystery!

Message 7 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6744 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Well it's how I've done it 2 years on the run. As long as the SIM and Broadband are registered at the same address you are entitled to benefits on both O2 and Virgin. 

Volt Megaguide 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 8