cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Immediate Resolution Needed for Phone Mast Issue and Contract Cancellation

dsheth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm the account holder for the phone number: *removed personal information*

I am writing to express my utmost concern regarding a critical issue that has persisted for the past 7 to 8 days. It is with great disappointment and frustration that I bring to your attention the ongoing inability to utilise the internet effectively in my area due to a faulty phone mast (please refer to the attached screenshot named 1).

For an entire week, I have endured excruciatingly slow internet speeds on my mobile device. It takes an agonisingly long time, often 30 to 40 seconds or more, to access my emails. Seeking resolution, I made an effort to visit the O2 shop in my vicinity, only to be informed that the phone mast requires repairs. However, when I pressed for a clear timeline for its restoration, the representatives were unable to provide a concrete answer.

Initially, I tolerated the inconvenience, hoping for a swift resolution. Yet, today, my frustration reached its boiling point when I could barely achieve 1 bar of 4G signal, rendering the service practically unusable. Frustrated beyond measure, I promptly contacted the O2 executive, SAGAR, who, unsurprisingly, echoed the same sentiment regarding the malfunctioning phone mast. Sensing my growing dissatisfaction, I demanded the cancellation of my contract, as it has become increasingly evident that I am paying for unusable services. Shockingly, I was informed that early termination fees would be levied should I choose to cancel. I want to emphasize that I am not cancelling out of desire, but rather out of sheer necessity due to the complete failure of the phone mast. SAGAR understood the gravity of the situation and assured me that he would cancel the contract, waive the early termination fees, and credit my account accordingly, while also refunding this month's additional payment. Consequently, he transferred my call to another executive, William, to initiate the generation of the PAC Code.

Following the conclusion of the call, I received a message (please refer to screenshot 2) containing my PAC Code. However, to my utter disbelief, the message also indicated the presence of early termination fees, directly contradicting SAGAR's explicit assurance of their waiver. Determined to resolve this confounding inconsistency, I immediately contacted O2 once again, only to be connected to TOM. Astonishingly, TOM informed me that no notes were recorded by SAGAR in the system, leaving your team unaware of the issue. I was instructed to wait for a few hours to allow for clarification. Patiently, I waited, but when I made another call, it dragged on for an entire hour. Finally, an executive confirmed that I could proceed with utilizing the PAC Code for the porting process, with an assurance that the early termination fees would be waived and credited to my account within two days.

Furthermore, I engaged in a chat conversation with an O2 executive, who, frustratingly, echoed the same waiver assurance (please refer to the attached screenshot named 3). Armed with multiple confirmations, I proceeded to the new service provider to complete the porting process. However, during this crucial time, I was unexpectedly bombarded with a message from O2 (please refer to screenshot 4).

I must stress that I resorted to the PAC and porting process solely based on the confirmations received. Had I been advised to wait, I would not have taken such drastic measures.

It is imperative that you understand the severity of this matter and take immediate action to resolve it. The fact that a simple solution to a problem caused by your own infrastructure has consumed an entire working day of mine is highly unacceptable.

I trust that you will treat this matter with the utmost seriousness.
@O2Georgina @O2Tommy @O2Tracey @O2Trevski @Rico2advisor 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

dsheth
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144646 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

I highly doubt you will get away without paying a termination fee.

The T&C's clearly state that the service is not guaranteed to be fault free https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions

Additionally, if on refresh, you can pay off your phone, which you then own, and cancel the airtime for free, giving you the option to go sim only with another network.

Finally, the advisor on duty currently is @O2Helen01 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6657 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Perhaps the OP can put in a word for ALL those suffering with Mast Problems at the moment, many of whom  I'm sure also have urgent needs.

Perhaps too O2 could pay compensation to those that have to wait longer because engineers have to be diverted to fix this particular mast issue?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 7

O2Helen01
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon all, thanks for the tag @MI5  . @dsheth  I'm going to send you a message privately and we can discuss your issue further.

Message 5 of 7

dsheth
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I understand and it’s not like I made a decision, it was O2 executive who told me that early termination fees will be waived off. I never mentioned Internet is not working and it was very very slow and I wasn’t able to work. And we all know the reason that is faulty phone mast in my area.

now I lost my O2 network and my new service provider is also not working. 

Message 6 of 7

O2Sarah-
Former Staff
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning @dsheth 

@O2Helen01 Has asked if I can look into this. I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 7 of 7