cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The WORST Customer Services I have dealt with over the last 30 years by far...

Kevin22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please tell me why as Customers in the UK we stand for the appalling levels off atrocious service and deliberate lies from this company. I have never know O2 to deliver such dribble in the names of Customer Service. Strangely enough if you want to purchase something from O2 you will most certainly be offered a multiple of choices to answer your queries and spend lots of money. They answer as "O2 Customer Care" and it's most obvious it's just a buzz word for them as the word CARE isn't even in their dictionary. As I'm typing this message I've just been put through to 'Customer Services in South Africa at 17:45 today 13/10/23 and the person on the other end of the phone can't hear me because of very loud cheering and laughter in the background at the call centre'. ??????? YES I'm very ANGRY and here is why:......... This is a copy of the complaint sent to O2 on the 27/09/23 from an O2 shop in Birmingham UK. Copy reads as follows: 

Hi,

I am writing to you today to put a complaint about the awful and disgusting Customer service I have received from some of your colleagues on the phone, recently my wife was in hospital and every day my wife was bombarded by calls about trying to sell me stuff I didn't want. I told the advisors on the phone about the situation I was in with how ill my wife was and that I didn't need anything and to not bother me anymore with calls. A few days later I got a call on the 25 of September from a guy called axel on the number 0800 952 4854 again was trying to sell me a new plan and extra stuff on the side, I told him that I couldn't speak at the moment because I was dealing with the death of my wife but instead of being empathetic, he proceeded to ask me if I wanted to pass the new plan to someone else. The treatment I received from o2 in these last weeks have been nothing short of disgusting. I have been with o2 for 15+ years and in that time, I have never received such awful treatment from a company before I do now intend to take my business elsewhere because of the distress all of this has caused me. I want to discuss this matter with some very senior in o2. I would always like a copy of the call that was taken on the 25th September 2023.   End of email.

I heard nothing even after being promised a call back from a Manager in 24hrs to discuss my complaint. On 09/10/23, I went back to my O2 shop who called again and was promised that again I would get a call from a manager within 24hrs and to little surprise this call has not come my way... My wife passed away for God's sake and the response I got, was to consider if I wanted to give the phone and plan to another family member....... No empathy, no "I'm sorry for your loss" or just "sorry to have bothered you".  

I don't expect an answer to this now from O2 as simply they don't care about us any longer. I would urge all O2 Customers to seriously look at how much money they are taking from you and the appalling services you get when you seek any form of help. The sooner this company is taken over by some other Company the better, their levels of Service can only improve. Five of my family members will now be moving away from O2 and I will continue to try and steer anyone who asks me away from this clogged up business. You have policies and procedures O2, why don't you just use the damn things.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23149 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Kevin22 Sorry for your loss. This is not O2. This is a customer community. O2 doesn't monitor this site.

If you've already lodged a formal complaint, see this link. They are an independent review service:

Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver UK

You can also take a look here: Bereavement | Account and Billing | Help & Support | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23149 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Kevin22 Sorry for your loss. This is not O2. This is a customer community. O2 doesn't monitor this site.

If you've already lodged a formal complaint, see this link. They are an independent review service:

Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver UK

You can also take a look here: Bereavement | Account and Billing | Help & Support | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

RunrigForever
Level 19: Quirky
  • 2227 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Evening @Kevin22 

Sorry to hear of your distress

What @Bambino says above.

O2 Customer Service is Not Fit For Purpose

I only stick with O2 for the convenience of having an O2 shop in town and the good advice / opinion given here freely by 'volunteers'

Twice ..... I have had appalling O2 Customer Service from South Africa ... ... ... I am mentally and physically disabled and was treated with disdain and downright lies.

The CEO of O2 and his / her Co-horts need to 'Get A Grip'

Sorry to know of your family loss, take care.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5963 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Kevin22 

I am really sorry to hear of your loss and also of your treatment at the hands of O2. 

In addition to complaining as suggested by @Bambino, I would suggest that you consider making formal representations to the CEO of O2. In addition to making her aware of your situation, it just might encourage O2 to review and modify its guidance to staff in such cases. 

I do not have the CEO's e-mail address to hand and I cannot find it by searching this forum. However, it has been mentioned in a recent thread so hopefully someone else will post it here. 

Best wishes. 

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5963 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions