Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Anonymous
Not applicable

and this doesn't work very well either.

They told me to use the webmail option on the my 02 screen. It doesn't work. I tried it months ago and it failed. I didn't bother but now i am getting mail box full messages. I can't delete the old stuff without direct access.

Message 381 of 463

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 382 of 463

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

and this doesn't work very well either.

They told me to use the webmail option on the my 02 screen. It doesn't work. I tried it months ago and it failed. I didn't bother but now i am getting mail box full messages. I can't delete the old stuff without direct access.

@Toby or CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus are the only ones who know anything about webmail I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 383 of 463

RC1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have found 95% of chats slow (takes at least half an hour to answer one simple), unhelpful (often you don't get an answer to your question or it takes 30 minutes to find out the person cannot answer it), ignorant (I once had 5 chats in a row and got a different answer each time to the same question) and robot-like (at no point has it come across that the live chat person cares, understands, is interested in, or wants to fix my problem).

On two occasions the live chat person shut down the chat before my problem was resolved as they did not want to help.

It also seems like there is zero communication between different live chats, telephone calls and other services as you have to explain everything from scratch every time you speak to a new person.

Would not recommend the service and would not recommend o2 after my personal experiences.

Message 384 of 463

KB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I am an O2 customer, a few weeks ago i was given an offer on the O2 wifi service and i was sent a pay monthly sim, but i have realised i do not need this offer anymore and want to cancel it and my direct debit with it, but my phones are unvavilable at the moment so i cant do it over the phone, can i do it here online?

Message 385 of 463

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@KB1 wrote:

Hello I am an O2 customer, a few weeks ago i was given an offer on the O2 wifi service and i was sent a pay monthly sim, but i have realised i do not need this offer anymore and want to cancel it and my direct debit with it, but my phones are unvavilable at the moment so i cant do it over the phone, can i do it here online?

Answered here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Cancel-O2-wifi-service/m-p/931857#U931857

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 386 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@KB1 wrote:

Answered here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Cancel-O2-wifi-service/m-p/931857#U931857

Beginning to get a feeling of deja vu....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 387 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just spent half hour trying to cancel my airtime contract within the 14 day cooling off period.  After half an hour of slow response, I was advised that they had to put me through to someone else and there was a waiting time of 25-30 minutes.  I replied that it wasn't possible for me to wait for that long (and no doubt another half hour on top of that trying to actually cancel the contract) so I asked for an email address or an physical address where I could send a cancellation letter.   The joker gave me mycare@02.co.uk so I sent an email only to receive an automated reply saying they no longer offer email support!  He also told me that to get an unlock code I must use the phone - but surely that means I won't be able to cancel as I will have used the airtime?

Why do they have to make it so diffiult and alienate customers this way?  We have three other 02 phones in this house, I will be cancelling everyone of them when the contract expires and moving to another provider after this experience.

I like the idea of a "chat" service but not when its used in place of an email service.

Message 388 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous As you have had this runaround you may be better to ring and speak to someone and avoid live chat...http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus Try again between 8-8.30am in the morning...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 389 of 463

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
All the details you need to know about cancelling are here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I don't understand your statement about unlocking and using airtime though?

Currently using:
Message 390 of 463