Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I raised the same issue about postage when I had to send mine in for repair..... You have to upgrade the "free" postage to SD if you want it to go insured and at £8.50 a pop it ain't too cheap 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 231 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest some one thinks about this record of a chat conversation

I

s there anyone there,?????I have been connected now since before 19.30  and it is now 20.12       I was through to your cancellation team having answered all the questions , and was waiting for the PAC number for transferring number to EE because o2 cannot provide a good enough signal in rural Suffolk Its now 20.15 and I am beginning to get very fed up  is that something the person managing this service can understand  Perhaps you have all gone home???

Message 232 of 463

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

This is an open forum so I'd remove your number or it may get spammed

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 233 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

It is also a customer to customer forum @Anonymous  so we are unable to help with account issues. Except probably to advise you to avoid live chat. Ring 202 for Contract and 4445 for Payg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 234 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
Live Chat are unable to assist with cancellation. You will need to call Customer Services on 202 from your o2 mobile.

Sadly other members are reporting on here that calls may take up to an hour to be answered to that team.
Message 235 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tonight I thought I would take a risk and ask Live Chat a question as follows:

If I wanted to take on an o2 shared data plan, how does it work and how much would the airtime agreement cost.
After a bit of a "chat" (can't do them under the Trade Descriptions Act) their answer was. ........

Phone sales on 0844 8090202 (worse still not the correct number either as it is now 0344 not 0844 although I am sure they both still work).

I asked the question because a friend of mine wanted to know and I couldn't find the info on o2 website.

Never mind, they have just ordered 4 handsets from EE as they could answer.
Message 236 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

What a brilliant response Nick ...(NOT)...So you didn't have any faith in them restored then? Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 237 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
My friends were sitting here with me asking my advice.

They were most disappointed in the standard of response. Why o2 don't publicise the prices. Why it is such hard work. They were also worried about the threads regarding in Stock / out of stock, delayed orders etc.

So we checked their postcode for coverage. They had friends in that area on all the networks. All ok except o2 sadly where the Coverage Checker gives good indoor and outdoor 3g but those who live there say they get a good 3g signal but they cannot use data. Those on EE said their service was great on 2g 3g and 4g.

So they have ordered 4 x Note 4's with EE and delivery is due Tuesday at their local shop. It was so simple with EE.
Message 238 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
My friends were sitting here with me asking my advice.

They were most disappointed in the standard of response. Why o2 don't publicise the prices. Why it is such hard work. They were also worried about the threads regarding in Stock / out of stock, delayed orders etc.

So we checked their postcode for coverage. They had friends in that area on all the networks. All ok except o2 sadly where the Coverage Checker gives good indoor and outdoor 3g but those who live there say they get a good 3g signal but they cannot use data. Those on EE said their service was great on 2g 3g and 4g.

So they have ordered 4 x Note 4's with EE and delivery is due Tuesday at their local shop. It was so simple with EE.

And...they can be more confident that they actually will turn up. Sad for O2...but more and more are finding EE the way to go....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 239 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed they are and their offer is starting to look more and more compelling where as o2......
Message 240 of 463