Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully these people who do receive sub par assistance fill out the questionnaires online.

I agree not good.
Message 141 of 463

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm sure O2 are aware of the limitations of live chat but are happy to go down this route for customer service. Until they get better training and language skills we will continue to see horror stories on here about the experience of using webchat.

Message 142 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am glad to see I am not the only one left distressed by the awful excuse of customer service provided by o2 chat. I have been made feel as if the problem lies with me and its awful. I am also in the process of canceling my contract and taking my business elsewhere
Message 143 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always had a good experience when it comes to speaking with people on o2 Live Chat Help as they seem to be friendly and relatively knowledgable.

However, they keep lying to me. Initially I was told on live chat that I would not get a better deal when either calling customer services or in store, but in fact my wife previously got better deal whilst in store on a monthly + phone, than she was offered online, having been told by the salesman that there was more flexibility allowed on deals in store, and to always come in!

My order was supposed to arrive today, what with the promised next day delivery. When I contacted o2 live chat, they first told me the phone was out of stock and that I would recieve it within 3-5 days, even though I checked that the phone was in stock before I ordered it. When I complained, the chap then told me that he had now expidated the delivery and that it would be with me really soon 'maybe as soon as tomorrow'. 

I then asked if I could cancel the order, as I am going away and need the phone before hand. I intended to pick it up in store. Then he informed me that I couldn't cancel the order as it had now been picked and given a tracking number (this is within the same ten minute conversation). I responded simply that it was amazing that the order had been re-processed, the stock checked in, allocated, put into pick, packed and dispatched so quickly. I work in warehousing, this is just not viable.

The phone that I have just bought from o2 was offered for less money, with double data, by a competitor network. I stayed with o2 because I have bought from them for ten years, that's as long as I have owned a mobile phone. Your marketing team do an excellent job at promoting added value through o2's service. I wanted to stay with o2 because I wanted to trust my provider; so it's dissapointing when that provider is dishonest.

I wouldn't have felt the need to escalate the issue of o2 not delivering on a service promise (pun), had you all just been honest about it. 

It's not the fault of the advisor I spoke with. It's the fault of the management teams that offer little their advisors little autonomy on customer care and prioritise keeping the numbers happy, at the expense of the customers. They have yet to learn that the two are codependant.

I think that having online support available across such an accessible time frame is really great customer service. But I think that the options that staff have to help customers is limited, and that the unlikely stories about things being out of stock one second and then dispatched the next are indicative of too much negative pressure on employees.

Thanks for reading.

Louise

Message 144 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Louise.

Not a good shopping experience 😞

As fellow O2 customers We do suggest that a person does not use live chat for account issues or upgrading ,and only use them for low level general enquiries as they are non uk outsourced call centres.

Upgrading through myo2 , 202 or an O2 store so you walk out with the phone is best.

Independents such as CPW can give sweeter deals but cannot offer the refresh tariff deals.

You can indeed cancel any new order within 7 days.

Message 145 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 123128 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Over the past 3 weeks we have heard so many similar stories to yours sadly....

It seems to be common practice for o2 to sell phones that actually are not in stock...giving would be buyers false hope, whilst relieving them of their money and moving on to the next poor customer...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 146 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just used the Live Chat for the 2nd time and have to say just how delighted I am with the service.  I am not very technical and find that the people on the other end are always patient and polite.  It is so easy to use and to contact O2 via this methods.  Each time I have not only been given a solution but the solution has been executed before I have finished the chat.  Excellent all round. Thank you

Message 147 of 463

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Good to hear - Thanks for sharing your experience slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 148 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's nice to hear some good feedback to add balance. I've not had any issues but I've known exactly what to ask for so they've known what to do drom my leading questions or queries.
Message 149 of 463

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 150 of 463