cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRADING IN A BROKEN PHONE?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Planning to trade in my HTC Desire for the Samsung Galaxy S. However, my HTC Desire reboots itself every so often. Its in very good condition but just the fact that it reboots itself. Would O2 still accept it for trading in? 😐
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Here are the terms:
http://www.o2recycle.co.uk/termsandconditions.asp
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
To cover your back (and provided it's not been dropped/got wet) send it to O2 for repair. Then immediately trade it in when you get it back (it will come with a letter saying all is well with it). If you plan it right and get the Galaxy S from the same shop you sort the repair through you don't even need to leave with it grin then if O2 say there's something wrong with it when you trade it in and try to give you less money you can say that the phone is exactly as they sent it to you when they fixed it. Anyone see anything wrong with this plan?
Message 3 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
You can't argue with a cunning plan! grin
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
As cunning as a fox n all that.
Message 5 of 14

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
To cover your back (and provided it's not been dropped/got wet) send it to O2 for repair. Then immediately trade it in when you get it back (it will come with a letter saying all is well with it). If you plan it right and get the Galaxy S from the same shop you sort the repair through you don't even need to leave with it grin then if O2 say there's something wrong with it when you trade it in and try to give you less money you can say that the phone is exactly as they sent it to you when they fixed it. Anyone see anything wrong with this plan?

They hand you the phone to check and you drop it smashing into many pieces. Or at the second you're about to sign a contract, a mad duck wielding beekeeper appears in the shop launching his highly trained mallard to attack the first Galaxy S it sees. Nope, nothing wrong with the plan providing you mitigate the risk grin
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

They hand you the phone to check and you drop it smashing into many pieces. Or at the second you're about to sign a contract, a mad duck wielding beekeeper appears in the shop launching his highly trained mallard to attack the first Galaxy S it sees. Nope, nothing wrong with the plan providing you mitigate the risk grin

*sigh*
I devise a plan that ingeniously utilises O2's own repair team to ensure the serviceability of the handset, thus minimising, maybe even eliminating any risk of O2 not paying out the full trade in value, and it gets greeted with a sarcastic response. I expected more. Oh hang on, no I didn't. tongue
Of course the OP could mitigate against the duck by hiring bugs bunny to trick elmer fudd into shooting it. But then you're left with a smarmy rabbit and who knows what could be done about that as he always comes out on top.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Desire's in perfect condition, it just reboots itself constantly now & I cant do anything about it cos I got it off ebay =P planning to trade it in to O2 this Thursday though it wont be full price ~
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Desire's in perfect condition, it just reboots itself constantly now & I cant do anything about it cos I got it off ebay =P planning to trade it in to O2 this Thursday though it wont be full price ~

Wouldn't be to sure. I recently sold a phone to them that wouldn't turn on at all. £100, but I was only supposed to get the 25% of this. To my suprise, I got the full £100.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldn't be to sure. I recently sold a phone to them that wouldn't turn on at all. £100, but I was only supposed to get the 25% of this. To my suprise, I got the full £100.

Wow really? Mine can still turn on but then it reboots while loading the main home page.
Message 10 of 14