Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen phone

ra25
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been paying a line rental and device plan for a year now for a stolen phone, I had only had the phone a matter of weeks at the time. The phone and sim were blocked but I was told I had to continue to pay this contract. I am wondering - why was/am I not able to have a new sim sent to me with a new number so at least I get some use out of this bill I have to pay. I feel it very unjust that O2 were so unhelpful with the situation and as a single Mum of 2 at the time it was a very stressful situation. I’ve continued to pay the £43 a month for a phone I cannot use. Surely something can be done. I have another 2 years on this contract! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

If you are paying device and line rental then you should have a replacement SIM to replace the one stolen

I assume you went through this procedure 

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

Ask them to send out a replacement SIM.

You could try and

Message O2 on 

(Facebook) (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB)  

X (Twitter) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or 

Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) ,,

The Social Media Team tend to be more clued up

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@ra25 Why have you waited a year to query this?

Call 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 (Payment Management) or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

ra25
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did, I had a huge row with them on the phone at the time and was told nothing could be done except to block the phone and sim 

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@ra25 Whoever told you that told you a bald-faced lie. If your phone is lost or stolen and the sim was still in it you are entitled to a new sim card with the same phone number. You need to speak to customer service and get this rectified. Hopefully when you call you'll speak to someone who knows what they're talking about.

I'd also consider lodging a complaint: How to Complain | Help | O2 Use the Resolver link within the link I've provided. They're independent of O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5