Did you mean: 

Signal issues

2208NLJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I transferred over to O2 recently and I have to say coming from Three, that I had been with for over 10 years, I was shocked at the signal issues I have with you.

I never once complained to Three they were brilliant but the network coverage was not the best but they were honest about that and I accepted it as it was as they charge a rate that reflects this. 

I moved to you to get better coverage and this has not been the case.

I have been out on a few occasions now and found this being a problem, but due to wanting to continue having fun I have continued my evening without constantly trying to get my phone to post something or send something and then not complained as it is an inconvenience to my life to be honest.

I went out on Saturday 1st July with my family, to Aston Villa Ground in Birmingham to watch an event. I really wanted to share my event with family and friends but although my phone said it had 4 or full bars and 4G I could not send anything on snap chat, face book or whats app. I turned my phone off and then back on again incase it was that. I did this a couple of times. I also tried to send it only a few times and all it was doing was draining my battery. There was no WIFI that i could use there to my knowledge and I turned that off so the searching would not affect the speed but it was ridiculous. After leaving the ground 10/20 minutes later my notifications started to come through on my phone. Notifying me of when I used my card and so on. I tried to do a face book live I could not. My battery was at 50% after I had gone the event with near enough full. I tried to search the event I was watching for some further information and my internet said there was not connection. Please can something be done about this. If this can not be made better I will be leaving you as this is the worse experience I have had with network issues. I get he same at home, down stairs people can not hear me when they call I have to go upstairs and at work it is the same. It is just a nightmare. I get text messages to say people have called me (Missed calls) because the network has not allowed the call to come through but what gets me is how my phone says I have 3 or 4 bars and it said 4G yet it appears that is not actually the case.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10195 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@2208NLJ 

Im sorry to say you should have done due diligence with some PAYG sim cards before moving network. and never trust a coverage map they are based on perfect conditions and are a best guess.  And no network gaurantees 100% coverage or uptime. 

The problem with the majority of mobile networks in Football Stadia, is they have all mostly done a deal with BT and as such EE mobile signal is much better, also it doesnt help on any network where there are 30K+ people at once all trying to send content rather than watch the event.. 

The other issue is there needs to be more infrastructure, but NIMBY's and 5Gidiots dont want them, so everyone has to suffer. 

You can cancel but if out of your 14days change of mind period it will mean paying off any device plan or termination fee, full details are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2