cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocked! Purchase of nearly new phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have purchased a nearly new phone from o2, this a phone for my son. I have discovered that the sim they have given me is still in use or only stopped 3 months ago! What is going on? 

The phone was rang 3 times by a woman who said it was a friends phone and asked me where I bought it from when I rang the number back.  When I said o2 she was very surprised and promptly out the phone down.

to say I'm worried is an understatement 

has anyone else had this problem? 

Customer services were very unhelpful 

also same contract I was promised 20% off extra line, still hadn't happened and again no one seems to know what I'm talking about 

not happy and extremely concerned 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145948 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
The way to get your discount is on this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Additional-Line-Discounts/m-p/991541#U991541 and if you speak to cs they will issue you with another number free of charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 145948 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
The way to get your discount is on this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Additional-Line-Discounts/m-p/991541#U991541 and if you speak to cs they will issue you with another number free of charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123877 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

A bit worrying that the sim on the nearly new phone is still active? Obviously didn't remove it when they checked the phone over for resale?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 145948 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
Yet another glitch in the system.
Nothing actually surprises me anymore!

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Without doubt customer service and the O2 website are a cause for concern these days.

Message 5 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12209 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1135 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

A bit worrying that the sim on the nearly new phone is still active? Obviously didn't remove it when they checked the phone over for resale?

Well if the phones go to Anovo to be checked out before selling on...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123877 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well if the phones go to Anovo to be checked out before selling on...

Exactly....Makes you wonder if they offer different levels of checking dependent on the grade of nearly new device they will resell...Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 145948 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
No one was suggesting the sim had remained active.
It's the fact that the number was recycled too quickly that is the issue.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123877 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

Whatever the issue, the fact the number was called 3 times shows it was still active in some respect. Not a point worth arguing about really. It was a poor experience for the buyer. Add to that they are still waiting for the 20% extra line discount as promised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 145948 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
Yes, and advice has been given on how to fix both issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 14