cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safari mobile lottery

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had my latest bill and been charged £45 for Safari mobile lottery. Tried to find out how I've been charged for this unwanted item that I've never subscribed to but O2 say it's nothing to do with them. This is a complete scam that O2 go along with. Click on the Safari app and it comes up O2 so it must have something to do with them. Spoke to "customer services" and had to speak to a manager. I said I couldn't get through to Safari, which I couldn't, half hour on the phone before being cut off. Magically the manager got through to Safari and put me on to their customer service advisor. She said I had not not subscribed and this meant I had subscribed, a complete scam. I will have to pay the £45 I suppose but I've said if this is not unsubscribe as she said would happen I shall have to close my account and go elseware. I can not believe that a company the size of 02 collude in this scam and make it impossible to get any satisfaction but insist I'm fleeced and give in to their threats. Oh well you live and learn but please be aware of this situation. On a lighter note when I asked if I'd won anything in the lottery I was told I had not been lucky, the prize was a mobile phone.

Message 1 of 45
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to contact the regulator for this phone pay plus as described in this guide http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premiu...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to contact the regulator for this phone pay plus as described in this guide http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premiu...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144405 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/
Go to the regulator for help, refunds and resolution.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 45

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Call the number listed for their customer service on the above link and then make a complaint on the phonepayplus website. With enough complaints the regulator will investigate and impose a large fine but it's down to us to register the complaint initially.
Message 4 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the same happen to me today! I noticed my bill was £45 pound higher than it usually is. I phoned 02 and they said it was from a Safari Mobile Lottery subscription. I don't gamble and never have I explained and was given a phone number to contact them to get a refund and cancel the subscription. When I called Safari Mobile and explained my situation, the girl said that I had subscribed and that they had sent me a verification text "which I had NOT subscribed and did NOT receive no such text message!". I asked her to tell me exactly how I subscribed to Safari Lottery and she said that I had been asked a question "How many legs does a horse have" to which I replied "4".. Well there you have it, I must have subscribed after all?!. 02 are to contact me within 3-5 days.

If your browsing the internet and get a pop up asking how many legs a horse has got DONT ANSWER!! LOL
Message 5 of 45

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 6 of 45

MI5
  • 144405 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
What a complete bunch of scam artists!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122948 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I wonder what would have happened if you answered 3 to that question? I suspect the outcome would have been the same? They weren't looking for you to give the right answer...all you needed to do was click on the link...Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with O2 about the same issue last night, but I am 100pc sure I did not sign up to anything, or click on anything to have this setup on my account. I have told them that I am going to the regulator, which I have done. They advised last night that they are aware that there is an issue with Safari Lottery and are looking into it and to check back in a few days. Complain, complain and keep complaining. O2 is the provider. They should not be allowing this scam to take place and I am one step away from closing my account at this stage!

Message 9 of 45

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I do know what you mean but O2 are not to know you didn't sign up willingly. It's down to the regulators to stamp down on these companies. They have told you there are many complaints about this particular scam so they will take action. You really should be contacting Safari mobile for reimbursement of the charges.

Message 10 of 45