cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium rate call bar. O2 systems error. Reclaiming from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a long story but essentially o2 had a systems fault that lead to premium rate call barring being taken off my son's phone. He has special needs. They immediately refunded over 600.00 as it was their fault.

O2 agreed to refund these charges and any subsequent ones.

Eventually I was able to speak to someone who saw that it made sense to terminate the contract with immediate affect since they couldn't put barring back so each month they were having to repay several times over the contract fee of £37 and refund a balance due of £132.00.

I have now been sent a bill for early termination fees.

Anyone able to offer advice if they have been though this?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145856 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

Clearly it's not something we can comment any further on.

I suggest you follow the official complaints precedure Complaints

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sounds like a bad experience and somewhat unique one.

You could move the mobile number to a payg term meaning no further call bills could be racked up.

Early termination fee's will be applied if you requested that the pay monthly contract be wound up.

Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 145856 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

Never heard of that before but any early contract termination carries a fee, everyone has to pay it. The only times it will be waved is if O2 fail to provide a service or break their own T&C's which I don't think they have done in this instance.
It sounds like you have already had more than most would get from goodwill gestures.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their are special circumstances behind this but the facts agreed are that 02 allowed it to happen, and subsequently to refund all the charges. I agreed to accept the early termination option in return for agreeing not to go right back to the start of the contract and agreeing to over look a claim for damages for the time it took to resolve and any other legal claims. I have now asked for itemised bills to be provided for the entire length of the contract and copies of audio calls and chat sessions relating to it (under the freedom of information act) I intend billing them for over twenty hours work this has taken.
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 145856 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

I suggest you follow the official complaints precedure Complaints

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

I suggest you follow the official complaints procedure Complaints

Now that the OP has divulged further relevant information about an ongoing situation I concur.

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the input, I realise it is an unusual situation, but it is what it is. I have a recording of the agreement that was arrived at. I also have a chat session that admits that the error was 02s fault.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets hope the final outcome is a mutually agreeable one.

Take care.

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not a complaint. I am asking if other people have been through a similar situation.

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 145856 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
This is not a complaint. I am asking if other people have been through a similar situation.

I highly doubt you will find anyone else in this situation.....

The complaints process is not just for complaints, it's also higher level resolution.

I suggested it as you seem to be struggling with CS......?

This is something very personal to you, I'm afraid......

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 14