Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

RobHines1977
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered a new sim only deal with 02, I forgot to advise the agent that I wanted to port my old number over from Tesco mobile.  I have a pac code of which I have now entered into my account and I believe now this process will happen.  However I have been waiting for my SIM card to arrive, (since Sunday) the advisor said I will receive my sim in 3 days time, but I’ve noticed that my account states esim is ready and my contract start date was the 24th March which was the day I ordered the sim only deal.

as I haven’t received a sim in the post does this mean the adviser actually set my account to esim, (hence the contract starting straight away). Also how long will it take for my old number to port over, as when I look at order tracking it states completed?  Please advise! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@RobHines1977 

This is not customer services but a customer to customer community

It can take 5-7 working days for the sim to arrive by Royal Mail, and usually within a couple of days, however the postal service is poo, so you should receive no later than next Wednesday because of the Bank Holiday... (As it wont have been dispatched until Monday).

If it is showing esim then they might have set it to esim, and you need to login to myo2 and get the esim QR Code. 

You can always contact customer services on 0344 809 0202 or the sales team on 0808 002 0202

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2