cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service why are o2 not answering phone calls , signal keeps dropping to one bar

CaptRon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 used to be very good , what’s happened now doesn’t seem any better than cheaper alternatives and why does O2 no longer answer the phone ( after all it is a communication company) , been waiting for 15 minutes still no answer. Should I swutrch to EE or Vodaphone

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

You will find all network call centres have problems.

See if these guides help

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6384 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@CaptRon 

Switching to EE or Vodaphone might seem like a great idea, but all networks have issues. For example, I saw this today :-

EE West Oxfordshire customers experience signal issues - BBC News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-67703654

So EE are hoping to resolve those problems "before Christmas". 😀

As for customer service, please check the community forums of the other mobile network operators. I think that you will find that standards are mediocre across the board. 

Message 3 of 6

Addy13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was on the phone for 1 hour and 15 mins and guess what, someone in India answered who was unable to help me. I paid my bill and she keeps telling me for a payment reference number, then she says their server was down which I responded , " that's a U problem not mine! I then called the bank and the bank said that we don't provide a payment reference number. So my telephone line is activated but my data and sms isn't activated and been waiting for 5 days ? I am in the uk and still waiting for my Indian telephone provider to accept the payment, the bank said they have til the 7th to take the payment from my account which they refuse to do so! Without a doubt I will be moving to EE or Sky as their call centres are in the uk and I don't have to speak to someone with an accent and ontop takes an hour to answer my call

Clearly o2 is understaffed and Richard Branson doesn't care unless a rocket is going up someone's a** 

Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Nothing to do with Richard Branson, he just licences the Virgin Brand

If you want to leave then

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Addy13 

At least get your facts right Richard Branson and the Virgin Group, have nothing to do with the owners of VMO2 which are Liberty Global and Telefonica, the Virgin name is a licensing deal nothing more... 

VMo2 is an American / Spanish company, and nothing to do with India.

BT (EE) are closing some of their UK call centres, thinks its one in Northern Ireland so far... 

To be honest you sound as though you where obnoxious on the phone to someone, and your bank can provide the Authorisation code to you and do a payment trace to get the details, sounds like your bank are lazy and just fobbed you off. 

How did you pay was it by Debit/Credit Card or By Direct Debit?

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6