Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgrade

MikeB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
One thing I find is how difficult it is to provide feedback to O2. So hopefully someone takes note of this.

After purchasing a new phone in an O2 store yesterday I got home and contacted customer services to unblock the sim (phone had been stolen the previous day).

CS decided the store had not registered the new sim. The advice was to return to the store because they had made a mistake.

Eventually I did return to the store where I received proof the sim had been registered properly and they contacted CS and got my phone unblocked straight away.

Problem solved however I find it utterly bizarre that two different departments within O2 blame each other for the mistake and the onus is on the customer to waste their time and money getting it sorted rather than two departments talking to each other. The guy in the store was helpful personnified. The person I spoke to in CS wasn’t even prepared to pick up the phone to the store to clarify. The guy in the store is the only reason I have an O2 account right now.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
@Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT will feed this back for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

More needless work for the customer as usual slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 and thanks for taking the time to leave feedback @MikeB! I'll make sure it reaches the relevant people but will need a couple of details so I'll drop you a message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4