cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 took money out my bank they where not supposed to and I could not afford

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hay guys I'm new here but been with O2 for years but I payed of my refresh contract a month ago and took out a new one and I payed it off early so a few weeks later I got a bill in for £217.75 and being that no way could I afford this as the money that was in my bank was for a bill and a planed shopping trip so I called up to find out that it was a mistake and they had billed me to end of my contract but was not supposed to so the lady kindly sorted it for me..... But what actually happens was I waited at a shop from 3 am On the morning of Black Friday to get a tv for my kid and I got one and went to the checkout only to have my card declined..... I was soooo embarrassed so I left without my bargain shop and proceded to go onto online banking to find that my account was empty as O2 had took all that was left after me phoning weeks Pryor to say this is not right and u canot take this or I'm in financial trouble so called them after it hapend to ding the girl never canceled it they refunded it but going to take 7 to 10 days so I wanted to complain but they said I can only do that by email so done so and nothing so called back up and guy was very helpful and offered me £10 but he understood why I declined his offer so he escalated it to manager call back and said I would get one within 4 hours but I have now been waiting over 30 hours so I am now seriously angry...... What can I do. Many thanks
Message 1 of 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I can take these kind of issues to the team rather than any need for CEO addresses and numbers. Please let me know via PM and I'll see to certain issues that I can.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 31 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144856 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Official complaints process here mate http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Nothing much you can do except wait for them to get back to you......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you think I should be asking for some compensation or good will gesture if sh what resonances could I expect if any?
Message 3 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
If so what could i ask for or expect if any?
Message 4 of 33

MI5
  • 144856 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
It's always worth asking but I don't know what you would get offered - It all depends on the circumstances I guess......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Welcome to the forum. 

Wait until they ring back. 

In the mean time think about what you would find reasonable as a GoodWill Gesture. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Message 6 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the very minimum I would ask interest on the amount and a substancial offer on the purchase price of said TV at the now non-discounted price.

Way to ruin a childs xmas O2!

Message 7 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

i would be finding out from your bank if you will be incurring any bank charges due to the withdraw if so tell o2 that you want this on top of any goodwill.

Message 8 of 33

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It all depends on the wording of your complaint. Explain the circumstances and ask them what they are prepared to offer you.

Message 9 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee, if a retailer (o2) take a direct debit payment which they shouldn't have, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund from your bank who in turn will recover from o2.

That's the rules BUT a word of caution. O2 have a dreadful reputation of being bull in a china shop re payment of accounts. If o2 disagree and you reverse the direct debit they MAY see that as a failed payment which may have an impact on your credit rating. IT IS WRONG and I am certainly not defending o2 but just making you aware.

I would speak to CS on 202 and see if you get the redress you seek. If you don't then send in the email complaint. Once you have their FINAL response from the Complaints Review Service (not customer services) then you could take your complaint to the Ombudsman Service which if nothing else will cost o2 £300.

Hopefully you will get a positive outcome. Given that CS told you they would not be taking the payment it sounds like you have a good case.
Message 10 of 33