cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 email still working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this hasn't been discussed somewhere else. I migrated my email to gmail when the notice for O2 arrived that it would be closing down on 20.6.16. 

However while there doesn't seem to be a web based access point on o2 anymore i am still receiving email and can send from the o2 account set up on my iPhone/iPad. Has anyone else found this and do you know know why? Is it just a delay etc? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It's probably only a delay. Use O2 mail at your own risk. If you've switched your contacts elsewhere, use that address and not O2's, and make sure you've notified everyone. If you keep using the O2 address you will have no one but yourself to blame when it stops and you can't use it any longer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It's probably only a delay. Use O2 mail at your own risk. If you've switched your contacts elsewhere, use that address and not O2's, and make sure you've notified everyone. If you keep using the O2 address you will have no one but yourself to blame when it stops and you can't use it any longer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks bambino. Immunotherapy using it just receiving fro people I didn't want to contact or some I forgot I needed to - which was handy.
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Immunotherapy! I'm not really using it....
Message 4 of 24

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You're lucky it was still working for the ones you forgot then. Double check you have covered all your bases, then delete it from your phone. If it isn't dead yet, it soon will be.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143419 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Someone else has reported it still working a couple of days ago but as said, don't rely on it anymore.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It is still working for some but isnt worth any delay. As said you need to get everything over asap...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 24

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I just hope that no one gets caught out thinking they are ok to keep relying on it.
Message 8 of 24

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
I just hope that no one gets caught out thinking they are ok to keep relying on it.

I don't.........they should have taken notice of what has been common knowledge for months.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 24

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I don't.........they should have taken notice of what has been common knowledge for months.

Years:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 24