cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 data it's not real

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 5gb from O2 data... But it's no real 5 gb... My data always finish in 2 week and I have use my internet just to check a Facebook and Google maps... Before I have 1gb internet and always finish 1 week before renew my bill... Now I have 5gb and my data it's finish in 2 week .... I'm really disappoint with O2... Next year change to Vodafone... Ps: my contrat it's 38£ por month and never came 38£ to pay... Always I have to pay mor and mor... This the true
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
iPhone will give you a data breakdown by app in settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
From memory if the maps app is left open when you are driving around doing your deliveries the maps will continue to use data. Would you ott be better off with a satnag?

Do you use your phone for streaming tv or radio? Both are data heavy.

Personally based on what you are saying i would point the finger at Google maps and incorrect use of the service.
Message 12 of 16

MI5
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
http://www.wikihow.com/Check-Data-Usage-on-an-iPhone
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

For other users reading this thread later please note some Android devices also count data by app:

Settings, connections, data usage and drop down the screen.

Doesn't help this OP but may help others.

Message 14 of 16

MI5
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Data counter was written into Android from around ICS I believe, but for those who don't have it there is an excellent app called 3G Watchdog https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.rgruet.android.g3watchdog&hl=en
There is also Onavo count for all versions of iOS http://www.onavo.com/apps/iphone_count

Currently using:
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've got an issue with data, why don't you just go with the Three network and get unlimited data? You can get it either on pay as you go or pay monthly from £15 a month.

I really don't understand why people both with O2 or Vodafone when their networks are just basically 2G only with the odd bit of 3G/4G coverage in places.

Message 16 of 16