cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Repar, Damaged theri end! HELP?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I sent my Nokia Lumia 930 in for repair as after the windows 10 update the phone rebooted and just got stuck in a boot loop of turning its self on and off.

after waiting 2 weeks i contacted them to ask what was happening with my phone they said they have sent it to nokia for repair and Nokia have sent it back and as soon as they recive it they will post it back to me and i can expect it to affive on wednesday the 11th (yesterday) the phone didnt arrive so today i called them only to be told they have a quotation to repir my screen?? (How can it be on its way to me one miniuet and then a broken screen the next??) i told them there was nothing wrong with my screen and they must have the wrong phone details but they are adament that my screen is broken and its not coverd under warranty.

I know 100% that they phone was fine when i sent it to them and i more than enough made sure that the packaging was fine so i dount it got damaged on the way to them, they said after reciving the phone they sent iot to nokia to be fixed so im guessing that it got damaged then somehow? 

But to make things worse they want £230 to fix my screen!!?? Thats more than what the phone costs to buy new!

I have said i refuse to pay for damage that i didnt do and i also refuse to execpt my phone back with damage that wasnt there when i sent it to them.

What rights do i have and what can i do about this horrible situation im in?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The adhesive to digitizer from the display won't be loose,not a chance. at most they are talking about the main display adhesive and as said that's pence.
Message 31 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anovo keep changing which part of the phone is supposed to be broken

total Cowboys in all honestj

Message 32 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!

Ok guys after trading standards and the ombudsmen got involved I got in touch with a guy  in executive relations:

He offered to send me a refurbed phone and £40 off my bill and they would keep my old phone, which I gladly accepted!

Now some numb nut at Anovo has made a massive ****** up and accidently sent my old back to as well,

And surprise surprise guess what has no damage to the screen??....that’s right folks my screen has no damage to it at all!!

Anovo are running a racket and claiming for damage that does not exist!!

Trading standards are investigating further...

Message 33 of 37

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
At last Trading Standards are on to their racket.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 34 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Good news about trading standards @Anonymous Please keep us updated Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144788 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
We never expected there would be any damage wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 37

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Sorry to hear about your troubles here @Anonymous and let me know if you're awaiting a response from us that I need to ask for an update on for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 37 of 37