cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insure problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else had a really hard time getting a claim processed by O2 Insure?

I called on Monday morning last week and was advised I'd get a call back within 48 hours.

It wasn't until Thursday evening that I spoke to someone who could help - up to that point I soke to people who generally were unable to assist in any way whatsover.

I'm now awaiting the delivery of a replacement phone, but for some reason I'm not overly confident it will arrive when agreed.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's sort of obvious.... O2 (like any other company) doesn't like to give money away. I think anyone who has made a claim on insurance can tell you that.

If it becomes a really big problem, threaten them with the Financial Ombudsman Service - That might get their attention....
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's sort of obvious.... O2 (like any other company) doesn't like to give money away. I think anyone who has made a claim on insurance can tell you that.
If it becomes a really big problem, threaten them with the Financial Ombudsman Service - That might get their attention....

Nope, not like that at all. When o2 insure is functioning normally they're one of the most easy companies to make a claim with. Normally it's dealt with on one call and the handset arrives the next working day.

The issue the OP has encountered is that the company who was administering the policies changed over and there were 'teething problems' meaning a backlog of work. However, it's pretty much business as usual now with new claim.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, not like that at all. When o2 insure is functioning normally they're one of the most easy companies to make a claim with. Normally it's dealt with on one call and the handset arrives the next working day.
The issue the OP has encountered is that the company who was administering the policies changed over and there were 'teething problems' meaning a backlog of work. However, it's pretty much business as usual now with new claim.

I stand corrected - I've just had some useless service from o2 insurance in the last few years!
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand they changed companies because of the problems in the past. They did put a big notice in the help section of the O2 website, to warn about the temporary delays.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just reading the Insure Premier terms and conditions PDF on the website, and I'm a little confused.

The deal back in October was that you'd get a guaranteed brand new replacement, but now it states you'll get a phone of "similar specification".

Anyone had clarification from O2 on this? It's the only reason I chose O2 Premier Insurance.....
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It means that if your phone is discontinued you usually get the option to choose an alternative replacement.
I broke the screen of my old XDA Exec quite some time ago and put a claim on my insurance. O2 said that phone was discontinued and I could choose from one of 4 handsets (all XDAs). I picked the XDA Orbit 2 at the time.
I've thankfully not had to claim on my insurance for my Xperia X1.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm more concerned that it does not state "brand new replacement" anywhere in the T+C's. It's the main reason I took their insurance, and I know they changed insurance provider a few months back, so wonder if the T+C's changed?

If so, they've not told me and I'd be very displeased.

I called O2 but they just referred me to the website.
Message 8 of 8