cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Email not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is anyone experiencing issues with their o2 email account(s)? I have had an o2 email, which I use as my main email for around 5-6 years and it has suddenly stopped working.

It has all my contacts, important email and like the fact that it receives little or no junk mail.

Can anyone let me know if this is an issue with the server, or my account or if it has plainly all been wiped? 

It is important that I manage to access my emails.

Thank you for your help

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

There is an ongoing problem with webmail that has been affecting some users for months. Lots of threads about it but an official response from O2 just below. It may be that the spamming problems are the cause of your issues.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Home-Broadband-Home-Phone/Webmail-account-disabled-blocked-here-s-more-...

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

There is an ongoing problem with webmail that has been affecting some users for months. Lots of threads about it but an official response from O2 just below. It may be that the spamming problems are the cause of your issues.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Home-Broadband-Home-Phone/Webmail-account-disabled-blocked-here-s-more-...

Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I would also change your O2 password immediately if you can still access MyO2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join the club! As the others say, there are numerous reports of Webmail failing, I personally have been waiting for a fix for 4 weeks. As there are no service levels for 02 Webmail all we can do is wait for a fix. I chase the Gurus each week for an update on a fix. They usually get me to try a couple things (change my password, access o2 webmail via Goggle etc) which end in the same result, "no access to o2webmail.. Error 404" So I guess we have to wait and see and set up an alternative email account in the meantime.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

At last I got access or rather entry into my o2 webmail (of over 10 years).   I had to contact o2 over 5 times in one week over Christmas and New Year to resolve matters.   Keep trying ....  The issues are:

There may be spam (malware dirt) in your incoming mail.   I have in place, a current anti virus/ mal ware software.  I also get my o2 mail filtered by gmail.   I spoke to more than 5 people in total and hang onto the phone for over 1.5 hours as the final conversation went from user support to back office technical support.    Finally I got access when o2 technical released the ban on my account.   PS  Change your password too while you are 'negotiating' with o2 support.   Keep on at it  as o2 is under staffed, under knowledged, under helped until you get a good user support....  Good luck and Happy New Year.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Glad you eventually got it sorted. Knowledge of advisers is the key and persistence obviously paid off in your case. Simple fact is that some people have had no access for months and this is such a common problem now that there is no excuse for the inability of advisers to get this sorted in a matter of days rather than the extended periods we have seen here on the forum.

Well done again for having the tenacity and sheer bloody-mindedness to carry this through.

Message 6 of 6