cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sginal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

We live in a village called Croft in Leicestershire and have not been able to make phone calls or send texts for 3 days/nights on any of our phones, 2 x Tesco and 1 x o2, we have checked the O2 coverage site for LE9 and it says that our area is 100% OK and its not.

I have been to the wabsite were you talk to an animated person and i might as well ask my dog for help.

Is there a real person i can talk to or is there someone on here that can shed some light on what may be happening.

Thank you

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be a network issue - call customer services?

I take it you have tried turning the phones off and back on in case there was an issue but it has been fixed now and the phones haven't gotten the signal back?

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be a network issue - call customer services?

I take it you have tried turning the phones off and back on in case there was an issue but it has been fixed now and the phones haven't gotten the signal back?

Message 2 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Call O2 and report it, the more that phone in the better.

The contact numbers are in "Contact us" at the foot of this page.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

May have something to do with the weather or a mast down, have you used the O2 coverage checker

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what i thought, but the coverage checker, says its 100% working and gives full strength on the other icons. My friend has Giffgaff and that works, which seems strange.

Our postcode is LE9

Message 5 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if a giffgaff sim works at the location it is not an o2 signal issue.

Have you tried taking sims out and cleaning then putting back in the phones and restart them?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

They all went down at the same time, we have 3 phones, the Giffgaff phone don't work, just checked the sent box and the message is still there.

I don't understand the speedtest but just done one and got the following figures.

ping 1104ms

download 0.04Mbps

upload 0.03Mbps

Message 7 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

try turning 3g off and see if 2g works

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted India at least 8 times, they told me that the sim in the phone is faulty, which is strange as our Tesco and Giffgaff phones all stopped working at the same time, also everyone in our village with o2 also can't make calls or text, i have been told that our area is running perfect.

So today i took the wifes phone to work, 8 miles away and it was working fine, so it has got to be a fault in our area, i have reported it now but still nobody as acknowledged it. What to do !!!!!!!

Message 9 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You aren't necessarily dealing with India.

You said earlier the GiffGaff phone was working causing confusion here, if the network is down you need to get as many as possible to report this and they'll get onto it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 23