cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice customer services

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today I was making an enquiry about a new phone...

I was kept on hold for over an hour whilst they redirected me to the right department, not that I mind, I have a speakerphone and just left it on

Then when they picked up I heard

"I suppose I'd better deal with this ***** who's been in the queue for over an hour that nobody wants to deal with"

I couldn't believe it.... If this is how 02 treat their new customers then I don't know why I signed up with them.

I then went on to ask him why I was called a *****.... He just stuttered and mumbled something about it not being directed at me

open_mouth :womanindifferent:
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
That's disgraceful and unforgivable, I hope you took the name of the person and the time of the call.

I suggest you make a formal complaint.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which department was it? I didn't think they knew how long you had been waiting before you get through?
Let us know how the formal complaint goes.
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Advisors don't know how long someone has been in a queue for.
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wanty, you know I don't work for O2 but the same job on the phones. Not sure what IT O2 call centres use but where I work with the Aspect telesets I can certainly tell if I decide to check.
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know the Dearne Valley site can't specifically check how long each customer has been on hold for. Neither have they had queues for over an hour today? Atleast customer services, upgrades and retentions haven't.
Nevertheless, it is disgusting what he said to you, I suggest following up by speaking with a manager.
I'm not saying what he has done is acceptable, but I'm sure this type of thing happens in a lot of call centers, it's just the agent you were speaking you was daft enough to do it while you were on the line.
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was Business Sales. I'd been through about 2 other previous departments as I didn't know which department to call, as I am new to 02.

I didn't get his name.

I guess everyone in call centres is a bit like that (it's not the best job in the world, everyone moaning at you)

He was just stupid enough to click the phone on, before he'd finished his sentence. I was a little shocked. slight_smile
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yes Jawsing, we all know the 11th commandment 'don't get caught'! grin

I have many a time put customers on mute, swore, thrown my pen on the desk or made V signs at the screen. This agent seems to have been just not paying enough attention before answering.

I have to agree that you could certainly take this further as it is unacceptable, or if the rest of your query was dealt with okay you could give the guy a break, because this could be depending on how strict O2 are job loosing conduct.

But yes you certainly have a case to complain if he said that and you heard it.
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was Business Sales. I'd been through about 2 other previous departments as I didn't know which department to call, as I am new to 02.
I didn't get his name.
I guess everyone in call centres is a bit like that (it's not the best job in the world, everyone moaning at you)
He was just stupid enough to click the phone on, before he'd finished his sentence. I was a little shocked. slight_smile

I love my call center job. grin And I don't mind the moaning if it's for a valid reason, I get a massive buzz from stopping the moaning and turning them around.

All calls are recorded, if you know the time you phoned then call in or email in with the times and request the call to be listened to. You said you don't know the advisors name though so might be a bit fruitless.

I think business sales is held with an outsourced company, which as jawswing says.

Brendan, if there are screens up for that particular queue then you know the average wait time at that moment but it doesn't mean that person has been waiting that length of time, especially if they have been internally transferred.
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

He was just stupid enough to click the phone on, before he'd finished his sentence. I was a little shocked. :)[/quote

Still not defending the agent but no we are not all like that, I have been working in a call centre for 10 years, before that i was a bricky! Love my job and interaction with the public. It gets intense at times especially if there are deadlines coming up. But then the only real problems are those who have left it till the last minute.

Been offered promotion but would rather stay on the phones. Some of us like to do a good job and please the customer.

e.g. Today I had a woman on who when asked her full name said 'Susan Jones' as an example, I said did you have any middle names as there was one showing. 'Amanda, but I have always hated it', Why, think Amanda is a great name, it's even better when you translate it back from the latin!

'What does it mean then' 'Beloved' so how can I help you. Made her day from what she said and at least she can say a bloke flirted with her!
Message 10 of 18