cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE BT66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had bad to no service in the Craigavon area for over a week now, paying for bad service when will this be fixed? 

Cant get through to 02 by landline, lines always busy, your turning into a right joke 02!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
All depends on the fault I guess but I can see your point.
The app you have been directed too should allow you to use your phone over wifi so not all is lost, I assume?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the bt66 area as well, and for me this has actually been going in for well over a fortnight. The update on live status is now that a mast in my area "isn't working" as opposed to " having a lot of traffic" which it was showing previously. I've spoken to O2 cust services two or 3 times, but might as well talk to the wall...they can't or won't say when it will be fixed or give me any further information. I've more or less been promised a part refund on my bill when all's sorted, but that's not the point. This is shocking service..re length of time to fix the issue, but even more - the fact that they seem determined to keep customers uninformed. If my bill wasn't paid on time, I doubt that they would accept me refusing to tell them when I was going to pay it! I can't use Tugo, because I do not use voicemail, so I'm basically stuck with no phone. Make you wonder though, when they can place a lander on a comet after 10 yrs and 300 million miles......I can't even make a phone call to the next street!!

Message 12 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

TuGo doesn't require that you use voicemail. You can switch it off within the app. It will enable you to make calls and send texts over your WiFi network. http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, know what it is ok. I got tugo before but wasn't able to use it because I don't use voicemail. Cust services confirmed when i queried it that voicemail activation was a requirement. Will definately look into it again though, things might have changed. Thanks for that Bambino... 

Message 14 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Yeah it's changed now. You can turn off vm of you don't want it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great... will have another go at that then, hopefully that'll keep me going til I get service back. Whenever that's liable to be!

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately sometimes masts are placed in private areas and o2 need landowners permission to enter.

Some (unscrupulous) landowners have allowed masts on land but then deny access to fix them until an 'agreement' has been made.

Allegedly.
Message 17 of 17