Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty

Jax123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been 02 customer 24 months to upgrade and stay more expensive than to go to car phone warehouse and get same deal as a new 02 contract on iphone 6s when is loyalty of staying rewarded.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123531 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Hi @Jax123 It can be more expensive to stay with O2 but they are the only network to offer the Refresh contract if the phone is bought directly from them.

You could contact customer services and ask to be put through to retentions....they may offer you a better deal if you ask  http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
Loyalty does not exist in business these days.
You should always shop for the best deals.
There are people who have been with o2 for 20 years who get the same offers as new customers.
Potentially you may be able to negotiate a couple of quid a month discount, but that is your limit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 16

LJC
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm one of those customers. 23 years with o2 and have just cancelled my order for a new phone and will be shopping elsewhere today for one because of how i was treated.

Message 4 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23268 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3700 Solutions

@LJC If you call customer service and ask for your PAC, as I would think that after 23 years you might want to keep your number when you switch, you will be transferred to retentions, who might offer you a better deal. I'm afraid it's the only way these days.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 16

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Loyalty is a one way street nowadays. O2 operate a fair deal for all, meaning old and new customers will get the same deals allegedly. This is not always the case and depends very much on who you speak to in retentions and whether they have reached their quota of saving customers. Deals on top end new smartphones however are a virtual impossibility.

Message 6 of 16

LJC
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be fair, the deal is pretty much the same wherever I go, it was just the way I was treated

Message 7 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23268 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3700 Solutions

We understand. Sadly, you're not the first to complain of poor customer service, and you won't be the last. Your only course of action is to vote with your wallet, and take a contract elsewhere. If you're unhappy about your treatment, you can lodge a formal complaint here: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
Agency staff with no passion or loyalty to o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 16