Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to annoy customers

Michael44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Went to the O2 shop in Wembley last week to buy a cheap replacement phone for my wife who has been with O2 for more than ten years. Five staff - three with customers -other two busy looking at their computer screens. Waited a few minutes, left and came back ten minutes later - the same. Came back another ten minutes later and one of the staff managed to make time to speak with me. I told him I wanted to buy a cheap replacement phone. He told me they were only available for people opening new contracts. I asked why I could not buy one for my wife who has a contract and he told me they hadn’t got many left and those they had they were keeping for new contracts. He then said ‘why don’t you get one from Argos?’

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23223 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Michael44 As annoying as the staff member from O2 may have seemed to you, he was probably right. If you're just looking for a cheap replacement phone, buying it from an O2 store isn't your best option. You'd be better off buying a phone on Amazon, or at Argos as they suggested, where you'd probably find a replacement for less than buying from O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Michael44
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can absolutely assure you that he did not refuse to sell me a phone because he wanted to help me by saving me money. The O2 version was £17.99 - just how much would I save going elsewhere.

The simple truth is that he could not be bothered to waste his time on a sale of that amount.

His attitude made that perfectly clear.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23223 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Michael44 If you'd like to lodge a complaint I will tag our community managers, one of whom will contact you for more details. @Martin-O2@RafaC@Breanna can you please look into this for the OP?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino.

@Michael44 I will message you to get more info about the situation.  

Message 5 of 5