Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Has anybody else been contacted by CS regarding the Note7 who has pre-ordered the phone but not received it yet? I just had, what I consider to be, the strangest conversation I've ever had with CS.

She was clearly reading from a script as she stumbled over the words. Basically what she was trying to tell me was that Samsung had stopped sending out the Note7s until they had checked and corrected the problem of them catching fire during or after charging.

That's no where near what she actually said but I translated what she did say to the above.

I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression Samsung had sorted out the problem with the Note7, were sending out replacement phones to those who had received the Note7 and once all replacement phones were dealt with, they would start supplying phones to those of us who pre-ordered the phone but had not received it.

Whilst I appreciate CS contacting me about my pre-order - I know that my order is still in the system - it doesn't help when the info provided is contrary to what has gone before.

Oh and she did ask if I would like another phone or wait for the Note7. I said I would wait as I didn't want any other phone.

It could be CS are trying to push another phone (the iphone 7?!) on to me or they have been told to contact us to keep us in the loop. But I am concerned about the info I received as it is more or less opposite what Samsung said in their last statement. Or have I missed something?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes, @Cleoriff I am. At my age I've learned not to waste your breath screaming over things you have no control over. Life is too short and I really have better things to do.

Anyway, as regards the Note7 its not patience so much as common sense. The people who have already received a Note7 could possibly have a phone which catches fire. I'd be, to put it mildly, extremely selfish to expect to receive a Note7 before them.

Message 11 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
You're clearly not of the correct mindset to own a iPhone wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Yes, @Cleoriff I am. At my age I've learned not to waste your breath screaming over things you have no control over. Life is too short and I really have better things to do.

Yes...with age comes patience...sometimes...(and with some things)....Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thank you @ MI5 I take that as a compliment knowing some iPhone owners.

Message 14 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh @Cleoriff you are spot on. Not to mention you know me so well and we've never met. 😉

Message 15 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Oh @Cleoriff you are spot on. Not to mention you know me so well and we've never met. 😉

We are about the same age @Glory1...so if I know me...I know you....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh @Cleoriff you'd be surprised how many women our age are nothing like us. Most of my female friends (and male friends) are considerably younger than me cause they get me. A lot of women my age think I'm weird.

Message 17 of 58

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Funny you should say that.
We think the same about Cleoriff tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I have given you a kudo for that Mr Supreme...because at this time of night I may take it as a compliment...of sorts...tomorrow I may reconsider....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh @MI5 its a question of how you define wierd. If you mean out of the ordinary then @Cleoriff is definately that 😎

Message 20 of 58