Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds

Caddy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone else feel they've been totally misled by O2 with the free Galaxy Buds Pro 2 offer? I ordered my S23 directly on the O2 site back in September, specifically selecting the free buds offer. I called twice between September and November and got told 'we have checked your account, you'll recieve a text with the code'. Fair enough, I thought, its a busy period, and alot of customers. By mid November Im getting a bit worried, so Ive reached out the social media team. Ive now reached out to them 6 times between November and now and its always they are chasing and escalating, but its not actually getting anywhere. I feel terrible chasing them up, and I know it isnt the social media team's fault, they're just stuck dealing with me repeatedly asking them where the code is. Im just so disappointed as you just wouldnt expect such a let down, obviously I was mistaken! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

All we know is here

Guide: Gift with Purchase  

You will notice some customers have sent a private message to our community manager and he has sorted a voucher code for them

I'll also tag him here @Dave-O2 

Good luck @Caddy1 

Message 2 of 15

Caddy1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Jonsie, Ive recieved a code first thing this morning but its prompted not applicable, Ive reached out to Dave via PM. Thanks

Message 3 of 15

Caddy1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2 has sorted this out for me and Ive recieved the code and redeemed for £1. So greatful for the help, thank you! 

Message 4 of 15

DLitherland
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Agreed i very much feel mis-led. S23 Ultra purchased from the Bury St Edmunds Branch in September. I've chased customer services for the code 3 times and been promised it within 48 hours each time and it never shows. I've been into the Bury St Edmunds Branch now on more than 6 occasions, each time i get told a different story and fobbed off. Most recently, i spoke to the manager on the phone last week who told me it was samsungs issues but that he would have a code with me within a couple of days. I called in again yesterday, the member of staff laughed when i told her what the manager had said intimating further lying and pointed out it's o2's issue as their new Samsung rep has refused to help. I asked to see the manager but she refused to enter 'a very important meeting', fobbed off again. She promised to send an email there and then escalating a complaint copying me in, never happened, the store and it's staff are a disgrace. I'm now raising this with the Advertising Standards Authority. 

Message 5 of 15

JBrown588
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ordered my phone in September and O2 is beyond a joke on this issue.

Still, I haven't even received an update on this other than "we are working on it".

This month alone I have had the experience of......

20+ hours on O2 customer support, with promises of callbacks, speaking to managers, etc and all that happens is you wait 2 days and they ring you and then the line goes dead. Ring up 202 and no one knows who rang me or why!?!

Told to wait 48 hours, 48 hours, and 5 working days, and then after this told me they could not give me a time frame for a code..........

O2 Rang me Monday and then put me on hold for over an hour, when someone finally answered they had no idea why I was transferred, I requested a callback and got told they had messaged the original caller and I should await the call. That was 3 days ago and no one has rung me back.

I went into the store, raised a complaint, and was told they would escalate the issue, no response or update since Friday.

This is beyond a joke, and when I complained via email over 10 days ago I still haven't received an answer/response.

I did speak to someone last Friday who did raise my concerns and was helpful but this is the exception to the absolute shambolic service O2 supports claims to provide. ( this has not resulted in me getting my headset)
There is a lot more but this post would be an essay like above I am at my end with it and don't know where to turn.

Message 6 of 15

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5689 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Dave-O2 

Can you help @DLitherland and @JBrown588 with their outstanding codes please ? 

Message 7 of 15

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 649 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Oxonian 

@DLitherland and @JBrown588 can you please drop me a PM with some more details and i'll take a closer look 😊

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 8 of 15

DLitherland
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

PM sent

Message 9 of 15

DLitherland