cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud complaint April 2023 still not resolved January 2024!

Davi_3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was a victim fraud last April 2023, supposedly contacted by an O2 Agent/advisor who had my my contact mobile number details of my O2 plan and other personal details! How would a complete stranger have all my personal information.  How many more customers of O2 recognises and a has a similar experience? 

Contacted the O2 fraud team the Monday,  was told that a iPhone 14 had been purchased my email address had been altered.  I was reassured this would be resolved by O2, over the coming weeks and months after numerous calls in response to letters from O2 and text messages requesting me to pay for a phone I didn't own or receive, threats of cutting of my phone, my phone being blocked from calling out.  All contact to O2 reassuring and promissing to escalate to managers, to fraud but never a reply in the promised magical 3 days. It's like the famous film "Ground Hog Day" that keeps repeating itself nothing being resolved in over 9 months.

My personal position: I have been on home dialysis since 2000, I suffer from type 2 dialysis I do need my phone to contact the hospital, engineers for maintenance of dialysis machine and possible calls relating to possible transplant, I'm 65 years old my plan with O2 is for 1gb a month @ £14 recently reduce to £10!   I do not need this insecurity around my phone. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6840 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

Sadly, we have nobody from O2 here so all we can offer is sympathy.

Their fraud team is becoming a joke and the fact they say they can't communicate during ongoing investigations becomes a bit thin after nine months.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6594 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Davi_3 

Whilst I have huge sympathy for your predicament, it is probably worth mentioning that O2 might be unable to give you an update whilst their investigation is ongoing. They have to comply with both criminal law and Money Laundering Regulations and this could be jeopardised if they update you whilst their case is incomplete. It is also possible that your case has been subsumed into a wider investigation if the same fraudster has other "victims" in addition to you. 

I would keep pushing O2 about this, at least so they do not forget about you !

You might also wish to consider :-

Accessibility & Vulnerable Customers Policy | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/accessibility-vulnerable-customers-policy

If you contact O2 in this regard, you might at least get an assurance around your current 'phone. 

Please keep us informed of developments. 

Message 3 of 3