cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Despite having filled out the form to keep my number, it has remained inactive for one week.

dissappointuser
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just wanted to share my recent experience and vent a little about the frustrating situation I find myself in. It's been exactly one week since I submitted all the necessary forms and requests to keep my phone number, and yet, I'm still phone-less!

I thought the process of keeping my number while changing my service provider would be relatively smooth and quick, but it has turned out to be an absolute nightmare. I've been patient, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to cope without my phone.

I've reached out to customer support multiple times, and I keep getting the same response: "Your request is being processed." It's almost as if my phone number has disappeared into some black hole, and I have no idea when it will be back.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10220 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@dissappointuser 

The process across all networks is not smooth...

Who are you moving from? As if it is Lyca they are not doing ports at all at the moment in or out. 

Also your old network can reject the port request, if the account has been closed, has debt on it, still in minimum term etc

You say that you cant manage without your phone, has the old line been ceased at all?? As that should be open until the port completes... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

dissappointuser
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I transferred from SMARTY, and when I contacted SMARTY they checked that the transfer was completed successfully. The old line has ceased because the transfer was completed, but the new operator, O2, could not replace the temporary number with the number I want to keep.

Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
  • 5874 Posts
  • 101 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@dissappointuser 

Has this issue been resolved as yet ? 

This sounds like a "split port" to me. If you search this forum for "split port" or "porting issues" you will get more detail. However, I think that you need to keep reaching out to O2 Customer Support as ultimately they will have to solve your problem.   

Message 4 of 5

dissappointuser
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian 

No, the issue has not been resolved yet.

Message 5 of 5