cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can picture messages be lost?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was sent a picture but never received it - I have all the correct settings and normally get messages through (and have done since). Do pictures sent via MMS sometimes just get lost?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The text never came through at all but confirmed that it was sent with the sender - it's no dramas but just wondered if pictures do just sometimes never make it to the receiver.
All my settings are correct as have sent and received other pictures from other people since.

Yes, they time out after 7 days, so if not received by then (for whatever reason) they are gone unless resent.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you eventually get the text as you can view it online.

O2 link http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2/picturemessages

I'd suggest you text ACTIVE to 2020. Save the settings and re boot your phone.

If no joy phone O2 to have your account re provisioned for mms

Then ask the person to send it again.

You also need your internet mobile data turned on with O2 to receive and send mms
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The text never came through at all but confirmed that it was sent with the sender - it's no dramas but just wondered if pictures do just sometimes never make it to the receiver.
All my settings are correct as have sent and received other pictures from other people since.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then yes it could just be a glitch.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, they time out after 7 days, so if not received by then (for whatever reason) they are gone unless resent.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
 Do pictures sent via MMS sometimes just get lost?

Yup, used to happen to me all the time. Sadly, just one of these things!

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all for your replies 😀
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

wink
Message 8 of 8