cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get a PAC code to move to a new service provider. I rang yesterday at 6pm and got a recorded message saying they were closed - despite the published opening times being up to 9pm.
I rang again today and I am still on hold waiting for one of their "UK Based advisors" to become available. 1 Hour 32 minutes so far - How much Take Than on jold music can you take?
I tried emailing but got a standard reply which tells me to ring the phone number that I am still waiting on
Message 1 of 120
119 REPLIES 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally got through - 1 Hour 47.
They tried to talk me into staying - so at least I got a good laugh for my patience.
Message 2 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Blimey, I was just about to post saying I'd been on hold for 27 minutes but that's nothing compared to yours!
Still, at least we know the words to Take That songs now!
Message 3 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get a PAC code to move to a new service provider. I rang yesterday at 6pm and got a recorded message saying they were closed - despite the published opening times being up to 9pm.
I rang again today and I am still on hold waiting for one of their "UK Based advisors" to become available. 1 Hour 32 minutes so far - How much Take Than on jold music can you take?
I tried emailing but got a standard reply which tells me to ring the phone number that I am still waiting on

"We're better, connected".......... eventually! grin :womanindifferent:
Message 4 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
1 hour n 40mins for me now, not happy! all this for a PAC code, was on the phone yesterday to get it for 1 hour and 20mins just to tell me it has closed :@
Message 5 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yeh I'm sick of Take That
Message 6 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have had the same experience, will be pleased to eventually receive my PAC and leave. I waited over an hour and a half on hold but was simultaneously on to live chat where I was told that there was a fault in the system and no one was getting through and to phone tomorrow. I gave up, wish I'd held on now but I really had got better things to do with my day :robotsad:
Message 7 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is nothing compared to my experience. I have spent the past week trying to get a PAC code. Most of the time I just get a message saying they are busy and tell you to call again later - you then get discoxnected. Yesterday, after holding for 45 minutes I spoke to someone incredibly rude who pretended to be deeply offended when I used the word 'sh1t' in response to his telling me that if I got security question wrong I would have to ring bacK snd start again. He said he was 'not there to help me' in response to which I asked what else was he there for. He then said he was terminating the call and did so. It's notable that they do not need to terminate the call if you get a security question wrong if you ring up for anything other to end your contract. 

They claim the wait is due to the huge number of people ringing to upgrade to iPhone 5. This is a complete lie as you get through immediately if you ring and select 'upgrade'. 

I then tried the online chat forum. This took 3 hours of going through different people. Amazingly, I got disconnected each time at the crucial moment - I re-started the whole process three times then gave up. 

I liked O2 prior to this experience and would have happily re-joined them once the iPhone 4G mess was over. However, after this experience I would never use them again and will complain to Ofcom. They clearly have adopted a policy of making it near-impossible for anyone to lePoseidon response to the flood of people who are no doubt leaving to join Orange / T-Mobile for 4G. 

Message 8 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is entirely possible that, due to this week (and last) being by far the busiest of the year for pretty much all network providers, resources are concentrated on the sales/upgrades lines as that is where the predominance of calls will be.

As such, there are possibly fewer CS staff on other lines and therefore what the gentleman you spoke to said could well be very true.

Given you've already mentioned the kind of language you were using on the call, one can hardly blame him for not wanting to be sworn at, particularly if he was trying to protect your account by not givng information to someone he could not identify.

Message 9 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lots of people have unforgivably been given terrible customer service over the past couple of weeks, which is well documented across the forums.

However - other than the call waiting time and cutting off - this appears to be fairly reasonable.

I don't understand how anyone can complain at not being allowed to disconnect/get PAC code without the security question being answered. Any Tom, **bleep** or Harry could call up and end your service if not! Then who would you complain to? Of course, you'd blame O2.

For a couple of low-level things, like paying a bill or similar, you might not need to use the security question/answer, but for significant things that access specific details on your account - or affect your account significantly, like cancelling or requesting a PAC code, then you will always need it.

Security questions aren't just there for the fun of it. They are there to safeguard you! Don't blame O2 or the customer service agent if you can't remember it!

And swearing at the person who is there doing their job just isn't on, is it? I'd have cut you off too. What did you think you'd get by swearing? Do you think the CS person thought to themselves: "This guy has sworn, he must be serious! I'll do everything I can to help him now", or do you think they thought "Wow, he's sworn at me! I'm only doing my job! I'm less inclined to help him out now"??!

I swear, I love swearing, but I use it appropriately, with the right people and with the right context. Not to people just doing their everyday jobs and trying to help you.

Seems like our culture of expecting to be pandered to and thinking its ok to shout, stamp feet and swear is overtaking the world. Take some responsibility for yourselves, people.

*sigh*
Message 10 of 120