Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£807 bill for one day in America

casp21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi i am just back from a week in New York.   i got a bill for £807, instead of the usual £10 a month.   I did receive a text from 02 saying that whilst in America it was £6 a day, i received this on the first day via text.   I tried live chat but they wouldn't answer my queries, they stated that the £6 a  day didn't start for 24 hours.   I am a very low data user and rang just 11 times in a week, which showed no costs, data showed no costs for the week and texts showed no costs for the week.   i am nearly 60 years old, so you would know I'm not a heavy mobile user.   They say it was on data the first day.   i wasn't happy as i don't use a lot of data and it states that it was just £6 a day.  I just read the news etc.   they said on live chat that they would put me through to a supervisor, after waiting for 25 minutes, the screen went back to auto questions again, so no further on.   no one came back to me. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36735 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Roaming charges can take a few days to show up on your account, too, @casp21.

Rather than asking you to check one of the O2 Social Media Outlets, listed in the link just below this post, I think you had better talk to one of the O2 Advisors - @O2Sarah- is on from 8am tomorrow morning, @casp21 - see if she can get you sorted without too much hassle. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10326 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3030 Solutions

@casp21 

If you didnt have the £6 a day active then you are charged £7.20 per Mb, and the amount you have been charged is equivalent to 112mb's of data. 

Also the roaming is instant as soon as you land in the US, so CS are talking rubbish..  and your bill for a week should have been £42 

Hope Sarah can sort out for you tomorrow...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

casp21
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.   i checked my history and i didn't even use data the first day, and as i said, i hardly use it.  i made two texts back home on the first day and received two texts from the taxi  company in new york, letting me know they were coming.   very confusing as the bill doesn't give any details.   i hope i get it sorted.   The text from 02 states that on the day i arrived in america that i am on 02 travel and use it as much as i like?

Message 4 of 6

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@casp21 I can see you have dropped me a message so I will reply to you there shortly 😊

Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Your phone could be using data without you knowing @casp21 - if you have an iPhone it will register for services that use the internet, and so do some Android phones (Pixels especially).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6