Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3700 Customer Service Jobs Going??

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Not good news for staff or customers if this is true!

Has to be said I'm pretty disgusted with O2 and really feel sorry for staff. 

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/25309/O2_to_transfer_up_to_3700_call_centre_jobs_to_Capita.aspx
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
By the delays already happening. God help us.
Message 2 of 62

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This paragraph gets me:

"O2 said it will also invest £31m into its digital service channels in response to a rise in customer use and a decline in calls to customer service centres. It said it is taking one million fewer calls per month compared to two years ago. As part of the changes, customers will be able to check their account details by tweeting, when a new service launches in the coming months."

I won't be using Twitter to check my account details thank you! Smiley Frustrated

What on earth are they thinking????? Smiley Mad

Call numbers are only falling because nobody can get through.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
"O2 is to outsource all of its call centre operations to Capita in the face of declining customer calls."

So all the threads about time taken to get through to CS are all lies then?????
Message 4 of 62

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Perhaps we on here are taking too much pressure off CS. There's already loads of complaints about getting through on the phone now, I can imagine the outcry in the future.

Message 5 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Twitter????? That public service!!! can't wait for my account details to be leaked all over that then!
Message 6 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is outrageous what about people such as me who dont use twitter will see how it goes but may be time to move networks

Message 7 of 62

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

All they really need to do is use a few CSAs in the forum (which they have done before but with little enthusiasm) to deal with account issues.

There problem solved with little cost and Twitter need not be involved at all.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 62

GPADI
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Think they may have sacked them already, been waiting for a 'live chat' for 30mins now....

Message 9 of 62

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This is outrageous what about people such as me who don't use twitter will see how it goes but may be time to move networks

We're going to ensure services through Twitter are completely secure before we initiate it. The £50m investment commitment to digital forms of customer service is not just through Twitter alone but is split into webchat, store transformation, self-serve technology, o2.co.uk development and Guru TV. Hope that helps!

Thanks

Abs

Message 10 of 62