cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 techs not admitting their is a problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a new laptop an Acer Aspire 4820TG-524G50m running Windows 7 with I.E.8 I tried to compose an email message from the 02 webmail page when I clicked on compose (I had rich text switched on) instead of the boxes where you can choose the font size and style and bold etc being above the box where you enter your email message as it was with XP and I.E.6 it is now inside it and it dows not work. I have told the techs about this but they will not admit there is a problem the answer could lie with the fact that they are still using computers with XP on them. If you switch the rich text off you cannot see what you typing because the default font style and size that they have set is far to small.

There must be other people using 02 email who also have this problem if so please contact the techs it is only by getting togther on this will will force the techs to investigate the matter. At the moment the won't even admit that the problem exists.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
You would be better to use an email client like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird, as the webmail is known to cause problems for some, like timing out if you're a bit slow typing your email.

If you really must use webmail raise this with one of the O2 staff in the Home Broadband section.

viewforum.php?f=14
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If this happens with one PC and not the other, then it's likely to be a Browser / PC issue and not an issue with the website.
For the record, i use IE8 on Windows XP and have no problems with the Rich Text bar in webmail
Message 3 of 11

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
The toolbar doesn't even show up in FF 3.6.8 :mansurprised:

As Perksie says, better of using a local email client.
#siwy
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes you are right if you use the rich text with XP it works fine it is windows 7 that seems to be causing the problem
Message 5 of 11

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
Nothing to do with Windows 7.

It seems that it breaks in IE8 & also FF 3.6.8.

Anybody got IE7 to try?
#siwy
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I did try Windows live mail but when I tried to get my email from the 02 server it kept saying server time out error. So I had to delete live mail.My favourite was outlook express 6 it was so easy to use. I am told that it does not work with windows 7. Had a look at outlook but that looked so hard to use.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re browni

You say in your reply that it is nothing to do with windows 7 if that is the case how do you explain the fact that retroman is using I.E.8 with xp with no problems with the rich text editor yet I am also using I.E.8 with windows 7 yet I am getting problems. It must be windows 7 causing the problem.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re Perksie

posted in the link you supplied 02 staff never replied.
Message 9 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Re Perksie
posted in the link you supplied 02 staff never replied.

I've bumped it for you, but I meant for you to send a private message to one of them, but this is looking more like a configuration problem on your pc.

If there were any serious email issues the forum would be swamped with complaints, and there are hardly any.

You would get more views by keeping this to the Home Broadband forum rather than here.

Set up Windows Live Mail or Outlook properly and your problems are gone.

I hope you didn't mean it when you said you "deleted" it.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 11