Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price rises and upgrades

kev160967
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So there was a recent price rise. Nothing out of the ordinary there, I guess. However I'd recently upgraded to a new handset and was paying for it through my contract. I was a little surprised to find that the price rise applies to both the rental component of my monthly bill and also the handset repayment component? Is that normal? Effectively it means the handset price is increased. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36891 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1669 Solutions

Yes, call 8002 for Business contracts, from your Business O2 phone - having your account manager's name/extension may help. Good plan, and good luck, @kev160967.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 36891 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1669 Solutions

If you were on a Refresh Tariff, from O2 direct, then the RPI increase in March goes on the Airtime only - the Device Plan is a loan agreement over a fixed term and is not subject to the RPI increase (unless something has changed). If your new handset was a more expensive model, then your Device Plan would have to be adjusted to cater for that increase over the new term.

A Bundled package from a reseller does not break-out the Device Plan and Airtime components, so the RPI applies to the total sum.

If you think you have been overcharged, contact O2 Customer Services on 202 around 8am any day, or via the O2 Social Media Team at any of the ways in the just below this post, @kev160967.

Message 2 of 5

kev160967
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, this is for a business tariff, so I'm not sure Refresh would apply. It's direct from O2 Business though, so the breakdown should be visible to them. I'll have to dig out our account manager details and give them a call

Message 3 of 5

pgn
  • 36891 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1669 Solutions

Yes, call 8002 for Business contracts, from your Business O2 phone - having your account manager's name/extension may help. Good plan, and good luck, @kev160967.

Message 4 of 5

kev160967
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Very disappointing, apparently nothing they can do as the tariff and upgrade are both on the bill under a single line item. I feel this is pretty poor, but other than have a go at the guy I was speaking to on the phone (who isn't responsible for the policy) I'm stuck with it. Certainly feels more like they (O2) don't want to do anything about it rather than they couldn't do anything about it. One to watch out for if you're considering doing an upgrade through your business account, anyway 😞

Message 5 of 5