cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all 

wonder if anyone can help i have asked o2 to unlock my iphone received email and text to say it was done and had to connect to itunes with a different sim to complete the process tryed this but nothings happened anyone done this or am i going wrong somewhere  

be gratefull for any info 

cheers

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh! I had the same unlocking problem, I requested it by filling a form online, and I was impressed to get the unlocking text message within three days, but I wasn't able to use my 3 sim card straight away. Then I waited for 24 hours, tried with a 3 sim in my iphone4, while connecting to iTunes and it popped up with a message saying your iPhone is unlocked.

So maybe you have to try after 24 hours, it might then work for you.

Fox

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be getting a congratulations message thro itunes if the unlock has completed.

As Liquid has asked , does the new network logo show up on the upper banner ?

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh! I had the same unlocking problem, I requested it by filling a form online, and I was impressed to get the unlocking text message within three days, but I wasn't able to use my 3 sim card straight away. Then I waited for 24 hours, tried with a 3 sim in my iphone4, while connecting to iTunes and it popped up with a message saying your iPhone is unlocked.

So maybe you have to try after 24 hours, it might then work for you.

Fox

Message 4 of 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I love getting credit without trying:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I love getting credit without trying:)

That's the best type of "credit" is it not !

wink

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've spent probably over 4 hours on support calls and failed attempts on an iPhone 4 that apparently has been unlocked, but it's still saying in iTunes that the sim card inserted (orange) is not compatible, despite having had the message 2 weeks ago that the phone has been unlocked. I've been through several rounds of support chats where they assure me they will personally see to it that the phone gets unlocked. Nothing happens. The timeline is now several weeks... pretty useless service O2!

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried an alternative sim to ensure the one your trying to use is not corrupted.
Message 9 of 9