cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 3G issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

iPhone 5 very poor at attaching to 3G network in UK and not working at all for data overseas. All settings confirmed correct by O2 customer services. SIM has been replaced. Don't know where to go now!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Apple genius to get phone checked out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had a call with Apple today. They suggested reset to factory settings then restore from backup. Not sure how sticking exactly the same instance of OS6 back on will help!
Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
It's the first check I guess to eliminate any OS issues.... If that doesn't fix it then they'll move onto other things.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does reinstalling from a back up eliminnate OS issues? What exactly gets restored?

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
It's your data that gets restored. The reset is for the OS.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've seen on the forums a lot of chatter about when an iPhone5 loses its signal for a period of time its very poor at relocking onto it again...

I know i've experienced it on a daily basis on the train home .... go through a tunnel for about 30s during which it loses all signal, but it never comes back on, just sits at 'No Service' until i flip it in and out of airplane mode.

Hoping its a iOS6.0.1 type fix
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've no time for these issues! Can't believe a phobe would get released onto your network with  such basic flaws. Today I left home where phone was connected to wifi. Checked mail and although 3G symbol showing no data coming down. Only way to fix was to switch phone off and on. Jesus this is basic stuff!

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not had this problem at all.  Journey home takes me through an area with no signal but it returns once through that, trip to Sheffield and back last week going through various tunnels, signal returned quickly.

But I do remember going through a brief period of this happening on my iPhone 4 - only happened when I arrived at work in SW3 there would be no service until I turned airplane mode off and on again. 

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seen i got my iphone5 on tuesday the 3g has worked great not had a single issue with it so far. slight_smile

Message 10 of 19