Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yahoo Mail issue on iPhone 5

Chriskit
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've an iPhone 5, with 5 email accounts on. Two are yahoo, one works fine, the other, my main one hasn't been able to update, send or receive any mail since Sunday. The same account is working fine on my iPod.

I've tried a soft reset, I've tried deleting and reinstalling the account, deleting emails from my iPod/computer to free up space. Nothing so far seems to have worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have both accounts running simultaneously on your iPod? Perhaps the yahoo app doesn't like more than one account updating at the same time?
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144674 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Something on your phone had changed.
Reverse whatever the change was.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chriskit

I used Yahoo Mail before Bt dumped them for BtMail.

In my time of using Yahoo Mail I found that for some reason iOS just simply does not get on with it. The main issue I had was my iPhone asking to confirm the password which i knew was correct and syncing issues.

After performing a Google search I found hits that also talked about Yahoo Mail not integrating well with iOS too.

You could send feedback to Apple via https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Possibly try another email App too. MyMail is a good sound alternative which I used to cure my issue with Yahoo Mail.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
New iOS issue by the looks of it if its working fine on the iPod. Hopefully by iOS 8.1.300 they'll have ironed out the bugs
Message 5 of 5