Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 9

Lauralou1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm wanting to buy a new watch series 9 for my self I currently have a watch on contract series 6 I believe. Would I be able to transfer the 6 to my partners contract o2 number to use cellular on it? thank you in advance! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27719 Solutions

@Lauralou1 

As long as the old watch device plan is fully paid off you can transfer it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Lauralou1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So can't he use it if it's not paid off? You used to be able to just use old watches but with the SIM card I wasn't sure how it works now. 

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27719 Solutions

That's how it works now @Lauralou1 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

ChrisBurgess72
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really? a few months ago we did the same and the watch worked perfectly on eSim and while attached to the phone, As long as the bill is being paid I don't see how this is an Issue? 

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27719 Solutions

Not my rules, sorry.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

ChrisBurgess72
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wasn't asking who the rules were made by lol 

Was merely pointing out that 2 months ago this is what we did, and wondered when it had changed? 

once the watch is reset to factory settings there is no physical way o2 can stop it being paired with another iPhone? 

Message 7 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10216 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@ChrisBurgess72 

Correct, o2 cant stop it or see it, and as long as the device plan is paid off o2 dont really care, it is the same with a phone... 

But the official o2 answer is what have been said already

We have just done this with a Galaxy Watch 6, whilst my brothers is away with Samsung been fixed, and he is using mine linked to his phone and watch plan on EE...

Just be aware @Lauralou1 you will still need to pay both the device plan and the sim plan until they are paid off.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 10

Lauralou1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So the device plan has to be paid before I can use it on another phone number? 

or can I do this and still pay the remainder of the device plan monthly, I will still be paying the sim plan for data to work. 

Thank you. 

Laura. 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27719 Solutions

@Lauralou1 

As per my original reply, the watch must be paid off before O2 will remove it from the connection to your number and allow another number to be connected. You would also need to setup a new data pan on the new number.

If however, you do not wish to use the cellular functions of the watch, you can just reset it to remove from your number and connect via Bluetooth / wifi to a new phone.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10