Upcoming Apple Event - 12 September at 6pm

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 717 Posts
  • 45 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Is it that time of the year again already? 🍎

The answer is YES, Apple is hosting an event this Tuesday, 12 September at 6pm. So set those reminders! 

We're not sure what is going to be announced, however, what do you want to see? Is there a specific feature you're excited about? 📱

If you're interested in the latest developments within the Apple product portfolio, you can view this event online at apple.com or on the Apple TV app. You can also tune in via the embedded video below.

I'll be back with more information when we have this to share on the evening of the event 😁

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123583 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@Dave-O2 

Is anyone from Management or social media going to produce an Apple/iPhone megathread this year?

We usually have one which answers the repeated questions which pour into the community, following the announcement of a new iPhone/watch etc.

@Chris_Kdid the last one for 2022 HERE 

It saves us repeating the same replies over and over again.

Also, we usually merge all new threads posted by folk who think their query is more important than any others posted. 🙄 (they are merged onto the megathread)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6858 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1532 Solutions

My favourite time of the year... not

How about 

Why has my handset got a different plug so my leads don't fit?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10326 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3030 Solutions

Just wait till people see the new pricing from Apple especially the Ultra models (Pro Max), and the change to USB-C and the possibility this could be a e-sim only..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 10

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6858 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1532 Solutions

Ah, eSIM only. Why won't my iPhone work on PAYG (or the bulk of MNVOs for that matter)?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 10

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Dave-O2 

Is anyone from Management or social media going to produce an Apple/iPhone megathread this year?

We usually have one which answers the repeated questions which pour into the community, following the announcement of a new iPhone/watch etc.

@Chris_Kdid the last one for 2022 HERE 

It saves us repeating the same replies over and over again.

Also, we usually merge all new threads posted by folk who think their query is more important than any others posted. 🙄 (they are merged onto the megathread)

SoG or no SoG, traditions like an annual 🍎 Megathread will continue 😉

Just to stress, outside of the fact Apple have a special event on Tuesday, we legitimately know nothing. Me, @Dave-O2 and @ColinO2 have however had discussions and if anything juicy does get announced or unveiled, then we'll cover it business as usual - Megathread style.

RE: other/duplicate threads, I believe 2-3yr ago we tried the merge thing but it was mega confusing and last year we reverted back to the approach of lock + comment, linking to the Megathread - which is the approach we'd like to take again this year, just because I remember the merging thing from a couple years back really causing a lot of confusion.

PS. We'll also highlight the Megathread (if there is one, depending on what happens Tuesday!) on the main homepage as well as try and get the side widget updated too (currently well out-dated showing the S23)

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123583 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@Chris_K 

Thanks for that.

I can honestly say, having an Apple Megathread will save many of us booking a months annual leave to a remote island with no WiFi/signal 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10326 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3030 Solutions

Can honestly say that was the most uninspiring Apple Event for a long time, seems like Apple are doing incremental updates to everything,

Pricing direct from Apple below, Preorders with Apple are from Friday 15.09

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-iphone

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 10