Did you mean: 

Third Party Insurance + Switch Up

jmilner
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I have an iPhone 15 on contract with O2 and have insurance with Apple instead of O2 as it was cheaper. I was wondering whether if I made a claim through Apple Care and received a brand new phone would I still be able to use switch up with it being a different device to what O2 issued me from the start? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@jmilner 

Yes you can trade an insurance approved replacement as long as it meets the condition criteria.

O2 Switch Up - Terms and Conditions | O2

Before you are able to swap your device, it will be subject to checks by us in respect of its condition at one of our retail stores. Reasonable fair wear and tear is acceptable; however, the following scenarios will be excluded and you will not be permitted to swap your device if any of the following apply:

1. you are in arrears with us (whether in respect of an existing or previous plan / tariff that has been left unpaid);
  2. the device is not fully functional (e.g. buttons or parts are missing, or the device does not power up or does not function properly in line with manufacturer specifications);
  3. the device is physically damaged, beyond what would be reasonably classed as ‘fair wear and tear’ (e.g. the screen or casing is cracked or heavily scratched);
  4. the device is water damaged;
  5. the device, in our reasonable opinion, has any other damage or issues that would impact the normal functioning of the device, except for any inherent faults not due to your own acts or omissions; and
  6. you provide a device with an IMEI code that does not match the device that was provided by us at the start of the existing contract, except for devices that may have been replaced under a valid insurance plan or warranty which no longer have the same IMEI code as the original device.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@jmilner 

Yes you can trade an insurance approved replacement as long as it meets the condition criteria.

O2 Switch Up - Terms and Conditions | O2

Before you are able to swap your device, it will be subject to checks by us in respect of its condition at one of our retail stores. Reasonable fair wear and tear is acceptable; however, the following scenarios will be excluded and you will not be permitted to swap your device if any of the following apply:

1. you are in arrears with us (whether in respect of an existing or previous plan / tariff that has been left unpaid);
  2. the device is not fully functional (e.g. buttons or parts are missing, or the device does not power up or does not function properly in line with manufacturer specifications);
  3. the device is physically damaged, beyond what would be reasonably classed as ‘fair wear and tear’ (e.g. the screen or casing is cracked or heavily scratched);
  4. the device is water damaged;
  5. the device, in our reasonable opinion, has any other damage or issues that would impact the normal functioning of the device, except for any inherent faults not due to your own acts or omissions; and
  6. you provide a device with an IMEI code that does not match the device that was provided by us at the start of the existing contract, except for devices that may have been replaced under a valid insurance plan or warranty which no longer have the same IMEI code as the original device.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2