Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sims

TKL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am upgrading an iphone 13 pro and an phone 13 Pro to a 15 pro and 15 Pro Max - do I need to order new sims?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144987 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@TKL 

Your sims will work fine in the new phones.

Unless you have 5g sims though, you will need to swap to 5g sims to get 5g signal.

If you already can, no need.

You can pop in store with photo ID to get new sim cards or call O2, however, if ordered on the phone, your old sims will be disconnected immediately, so not ideal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You need new sims only if you haven't replaced them recently and only if you are in a 5G area

Otherwise use your old sims

If you order new sims from customer service they will disconnect your current sims immediately leaving you with no phone until the new sims arrive

Best option by far is to call in your nearest O2 store and they will supply new sims free and swap your numbers over. Take photo ID

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144987 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@TKL 

Your iPhone 13 was 5g capable so there's a good chance you already have 5g sims anyway, but in store is the best way to swap them if not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4