Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up Apple Watch for my son

K-C1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I want to set up my new o2 Apple Watch for my son to use using my iPhone/o2 account since he doesn’t have his own phone. How do I do this? Thanks 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

K-C1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma are you able to help? 

Message 2 of 13

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @K-C1 If your son has not got a o2 number/account we cannot add a watch plan as we do not support family sharing on apple watches sorry.

The only way would be to set up a simo only contract for him to be able to get a o2 number then you can link the apple watch to it.

signature
Message 3 of 13

K-C1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Would I be able to get a sim only as a second number on one iPhone or do I need to buy another iPhone and sim for the watch to be attached to? 

Message 4 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

You can take out a sim only plan so that your son has a number, but you would also need to have a £5 per month deal for the watch to work independently of the phone @K-C1 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 13

K-C1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for replying. If I buy a esim and a separate data plan for the Watch, do I still set the Watch up as family sharing (for a child) or just the way and adult would set their Watch up? 

Message 6 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

I would imagine the way an adult would @K-C1 , but I'm no expert in Apple and their devices.

Any recommendations @MI5 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

According to Emma family sharing isn't supported on O2 so the new sim would have to take over the control of the watch too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 13

oxfordblue
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Maybe 02 shouldn't advertise Apple Watch Family Sharing if its not a feature they actually offer. That's terribly misleading and very disappointing. Half way down this page you're clearly promoting family sharing on your website.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/apple/watch-se-2nd-generation-sport-band-40mm?device-type=packages

Message 9 of 13

Kathrin123
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emma is it possible to set the watch up on a esim without an iPhone or does it need to be linked?   

Message 10 of 13