cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Reception

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have an iPhone 4s. I've been having problems with my phone signal and wonder if there is anything I can do about it.

My signal was fine at the beginning of the year but ever since O2 had issues and the network went down in October I've had problems with my phone. I don't know if this is something to do with the fact that I wrote an email of complaint and asked for my contract to be teminated as I have had two seperate occasions when I was left without service for over 24 hrs.

The response I got was that O2 are not obliged to provide a service without issues and that I couldn't terminate my contract. Ever since then my phone cuts out of service on a regular bases, daily, and even when I get a signal it's usually very weak. You could argue that it may be the location that I'm in but I live with two other people who have an O2 contract and they have no issues at all. Also I have the same issue regardless of where I am.

Can someone tell me if there is any action I can take to get this fixed - legal or otherwise. My mobile is also a business line and without it working properly I cannot communicate with my clients. I'm really fed up with O2 to be honest but unfortunately my contract does not run out for another year or so. I've been with O2 for over 10 years and have never had a problem but over the last year they have become unreliable and I feel they don't really take care of their regular customers. They don't care about good service - only the money they make from their customers!!

Can anyone help. Has anyone else had a similar problem with their signal?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27839 Solutions
Sounds like either a problem with your phone or SIM. You can request a new SIM to see if it improves or take your phone into an apple store to have it checked out for faults.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27839 Solutions
Sounds like either a problem with your phone or SIM. You can request a new SIM to see if it improves or take your phone into an apple store to have it checked out for faults.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

NZS wrote: They don't care about good service - only the money they make from their customers!!

Can anyone help. Has anyone else had a similar problem with their signal?

That's a very odd statement as they regularly top the independent tables for customer service.

Hvae you tried another sim in it or taken it to an Apple outlet to be checked?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Snap! wink

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I'll try that.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had exactly the same experience. All good until the end of the summer or thereabouts. Now incredibly patchy signal and very often no signal at all. I use my iphone 4s for all my calls and until recently could sit and chat in my living room, or anywhere in the house, no problem. To the extent that i was contemplating ditching the home phones altogether. Now - no signal, 'No Service', or simply not being able to connect a call about 70 per cent of the time. Does that sound familiar? This is NOT a phone issue, whatever O2 would like to have you believe. I have been a fan of O2 for many years, and have recently switched back to them after a stint with BT for home phone and broadband. But the new broadband router is rubbish too - we effectively cut our wifi signal strength in half by plugging in the new o2 "5" router. We've had to go back to the old "2" one! Perhaps this is because Telefonica is Spanish. They're up sh*t creek financially at home, so they're cutting all sorts of corners here to make ends meet. Or perhaps their service outages have caused them to power down the system to try to avoid another catastrophic public relations disaster. Either way, I'm now paying for a service which isnt just temperamental, it's actually not fit for purpose. Come on 02. Until the last four months I too would have rated you very highly for customer service, satisfaction etc. But now... meh. I don't know how often those customer satisfaction surveys are conducted, but I think it could make painful reading next time.
Message 6 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been a fan of O2 for many years, and have recently switched back to them after a stint with BT for home phone and broadband. But the new broadband router is rubbish too - we effectively cut our wifi signal strength in half by plugging in the new o2 "5" router. We've had to go back to the old "2" one! Perhaps this is because Telefonica is Spanish.

There may well be a tweak you can apply to improve the wi-fi on the Box V, if you would like to post in the broadband section we'll see if we can sort it out for you.

I don't see the relevance of O2 UK being Spanish owned though, the routers are all supplied under contract by Technicolor (formerly Thomson).

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RuthW. 

Telefonica cutting costs on routers which I will add that the design would have been designed and agreed at least 12-18 months ago is like you spitting into Sea. 

It just is not going to make a blind bit of difference,

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the validation RuthW. I thought It was just me. I can't wait for my contact to run out and will be moving to a different provider. I've definitely noticed a huge difference in their service over the last year, and as you say, they are not worse the money. To make it worth they respond to any complains with little care and won't release me from my contract nor will they compensate me for the crappy service they provide.

I guess they will be losing another long-standing customer and I will certainly discourage anyone I know from purchasing any of their services.

Thanks again:) x

Message 9 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess they will be losing another long-standing customer and I will certainly discourage anyone I know from purchasing any of their services.

So your theory is to put them out of business and reduce what little competition there is in the UK even further. Smiley Indifferent

A slight problem there might be the 22 million people who don't agree with you.

Message 10 of 10